The West Allis Allegro, which consists of Elementary, Junior Elite, Junior Prep, Varsity and Collegiate Teams, will be holding Junior and Varsity Tryouts the week of April 12th and Elementary Team Tryouts on April 24th. The Jr.Teams are for girls 9th grade and younger and Varsity Team is for girls in 8th-12th grade in the 2010-11 school year. The Elementary Team is for girls from 2nd through 6th grade in 2010-11.
These teams compete throughout the year at local, state and national dance competitions doing pom, jazz, lyrical and hip hop team routines plus solos and ensembles. They have been nationally recognized for their competition performance, community service and innovative programming. The program operates under the auspices of the West Allis-West Milwaukee Recreation Department.
If you are interested in trying out, please come to the Parent/Dancer Informational Meeting on Monday, April 12th, from 6:00-7:00 p.m. at Frank Lloyd Wright cafeteria, 9501 W. Cleveland Ave., West Allis. Tryout practices are April 13, 14, 15 in the evening, and Saturday morning/afternoon, April 17th is the tryout. Contact Judy Johnson, Advisor/Head Coach, at 414-333-5637 or visit our website: www.eteamz.com/allegrodanceteam for more information.
- Local Author Book Program at the Library
- All welcome at popular 'Pasta with a Purpose' in support of youth mission trip
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2015 – nominations being accepted
- Public invited to Imagine No Malaria with silent auction of 20+ handmade quilts
- WAUMC coffee house hosts Radio Rosies, quilt silent auction for Imagine No Malaria
- Bel Canto Chorus Travels on the Silk Road with the Orchid Enesmble
- Bel Canto Chorus 5th Annual Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Blowing in the Wind~ A Benefit Concert for C.A.R.S. (1)
- Book Talk and Q&A with Pam Ferderbar
- Locals Sing New Operetta