The Wauwatosa Health Department received a grant to provide Wauwatosa residents with low cost short term radon test kits. The Health Department is selling the kits for five dollars.
Radon is a cancer-causing natural radioactive gas that is colorless and odorless. In fact, the surgeon general has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States today. Only smoking causes more lung cancer deaths. Radon has been found in homes in every zip code in Wauwatosa. The only way to know if your family is at risk from radon is to have your house tested.
The test kits are available at the Wauwatosa Health Department office located in the lower level of City Hall, 7725 West North Avenue. The kits include the testing supplies, literature about radon and postage to ship the sample in for testing. Supplies are limited. One test kit per Wauwatosa household. For more information, please contact the Wauwatosa Health Department at 479-8939.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Girls Fastpitch U-14 purple Fundraiser
- Holiday Storytimes at Yo Mama's Frozen Yogurt
- Tosa West Orchestra to perform annual Kinderkonzert this Saturday
- Free Financial Wellness Classes!
- Wauwatosa Night at the Milwaukee Bucks
- Hart Park Fall Clean-up & Weed-out
- Chicago Bus Trip Planned
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Kids Nutrition Workshop
- Storytimes at Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt and Goodies
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition