The Wauwatosa Health Department received a grant to provide Wauwatosa residents with low cost short term radon test kits. The Health Department is selling the kits for five dollars.
Radon is a cancer-causing natural radioactive gas that is colorless and odorless. In fact, the surgeon general has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States today. Only smoking causes more lung cancer deaths. Radon has been found in homes in every zip code in Wauwatosa. The only way to know if your family is at risk from radon is to have your house tested.
The test kits are available at the Wauwatosa Health Department office located in the lower level of City Hall, 7725 West North Avenue. The kits include the testing supplies, literature about radon and postage to ship the sample in for testing. Supplies are limited. One test kit per Wauwatosa household. For more information, please contact the Wauwatosa Health Department at 479-8939.
- All welcome at popular 'Pasta with a Purpose' in support of youth mission trip
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2015 – nominations being accepted
- Public invited to Imagine No Malaria with silent auction of 20+ handmade quilts
- WAUMC coffee house hosts Radio Rosies, quilt silent auction for Imagine No Malaria
- Bel Canto Chorus Travels on the Silk Road with the Orchid Enesmble
- Bel Canto Chorus 5th Annual Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Blowing in the Wind~ A Benefit Concert for C.A.R.S. (1)
- Book Talk and Q&A with Pam Ferderbar
- Locals Sing New Operetta
- Happy 10th Anniversary Hart Park Square!