The Wauwatosa Health Department received a grant to provide Wauwatosa residents with low cost short term radon test kits. The Health Department is selling the kits for five dollars.
Radon is a cancer-causing natural radioactive gas that is colorless and odorless. In fact, the surgeon general has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States today. Only smoking causes more lung cancer deaths. Radon has been found in homes in every zip code in Wauwatosa. The only way to know if your family is at risk from radon is to have your house tested.
The test kits are available at the Wauwatosa Health Department office located in the lower level of City Hall, 7725 West North Avenue. The kits include the testing supplies, literature about radon and postage to ship the sample in for testing. Supplies are limited. One test kit per Wauwatosa household. For more information, please contact the Wauwatosa Health Department at 479-8939.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Happy 10th Anniversary Hart Park Square!
- Seniors can learn tips for downsizing in free presentation Oct. 6
- Bingo Volunters needed at Harwood Place
- Let's Get Moving
- Learning Never Ends...An Evening for Adults
- Medication Collection Event in Wauwatosa on September 19
- Tour a 2-story Home Addition and Remodel in Wauwatosa
- St. Anne's Salvatorian Campus Hosting Assisted Living Open House
- Tosa East Senior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- Love Monkeys, Chasin' Mason to headline HartFest June 12-13