The Wauwatosa Health Department received a grant to provide Wauwatosa residents with low cost short term radon test kits. The Health Department is selling the kits for five dollars.
Radon is a cancer-causing natural radioactive gas that is colorless and odorless. In fact, the surgeon general has warned that radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States today. Only smoking causes more lung cancer deaths. Radon has been found in homes in every zip code in Wauwatosa. The only way to know if your family is at risk from radon is to have your house tested.
The test kits are available at the Wauwatosa Health Department office located in the lower level of City Hall, 7725 West North Avenue. The kits include the testing supplies, literature about radon and postage to ship the sample in for testing. Supplies are limited. One test kit per Wauwatosa household. For more information, please contact the Wauwatosa Health Department at 479-8939.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- WAUMC celebrating 165 years of faith and service in ‘Tosa
- Funky, fun, fabulous and frugal finds at WAUMC rummage sale
- Historical Society Receives New Sidewalk from Scouts
- Time to Honor the Citizen of the Year
- Milwaukee Handbell Ensemble's Annual Spring Concert
- Aveda's Salon Lumani Cut-A-Thon for charity record event!
- WAUMC Community Coffee House to feature flute choir, international folk music
- Friends of Hart Park Spring River Clean Up
- Announcing the Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen for 2012..."The Woman Who Wears Many Hats"
- Family Fun Night to Address the Value of Play