-the Zoological Society's Wine and beer tasting at Zoo, Feb. 4, 2010
-Online & phone registration through Jan. 22, 2010, www.zoosociety.org
-Phone registration only after Jan. 22, 414-258-2333
Hundreds of wines, dozens of beers, and snacks and desserts galore! The Zoological Society ofMilwaukee’s (ZSM’s) Wines and Beers of the World fund-raiser on Feb. 4, 2010, will be one of the biggest wine-and-beer tastings in town. The event, sponsored by Wells Fargo Advisors, will have a large selection of libations to sample at the Milwaukee County Zoo.
Chat with wine and beer experts and enjoy tastes of pasta, cheeses, pizza, dips and more. New this year will be samples of Mexican cuisine and soups, as well as tea sampling. Enjoy tastes of sparkling wines, sweets and coffee later in the evening. You can even see live orangutans and gorillas in the Stearns Family Apes of Africa and Primates of the World exhibits, which will be open until 9 p.m.
What: The Zoological Society of Milwaukee’s Wines and Beers of the World, sponsored by Wells Fargo Advisors
When: Thursday, Feb. 4, 2010, 7 to 10 p.m.
Where: Milwaukee County Zoo, 10001 W. Blue Mound Rd., Milwaukee
Details: Event features hundreds of wines, dozens of beers, and gourmet foods and desserts for sampling.
How much & registration: $40 for Zoological Society members and guests (registering at the same time as member); $50 for non-members. Registration at www.zoosociety.org or by phone (414-258-2333) through Jan. 22, 2010. Only phone reservations accepted after Jan. 22 for $50 per person, members & non-members, with a credit card. Preregistration is required; fees are non-refundable. Tickets will be mailed.
Contributors: Special thanks to Purple Feet Wines, MillerCoors and Palermo’s® Pizza. Also thanks to Alterra Coffee Roasters, Buca di Beppo, Gourmet Cheesecake & More, La Luna Foods, Larry’s Market, Niemann’s Candy Shop of Wauwatosa, Noelle’s Bake Shoppe & Cupcakery, OILERIE® BROOKFIELD, Panera Bread, PepsiAmericas®, Rishi Tea, Suedoodles, TLC Soup Company and Usinger’s Famous Sausage.
Other details: Visitors must be 21 years of age to attend. I.D. required at the door. Your fee, less $25, is tax-deductible and includes a complimentary, etched wine glass (5.6% WI sales tax included). Proceeds benefit the ZSM’s 2010 annual appeal.
- Snake Fest
- Volunteer Lobby/Admission Concierge
- Local Author Book Program at the Library
- All welcome at popular 'Pasta with a Purpose' in support of youth mission trip
- Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen 2015 – nominations being accepted
- Public invited to Imagine No Malaria with silent auction of 20+ handmade quilts
- WAUMC coffee house hosts Radio Rosies, quilt silent auction for Imagine No Malaria
- Bel Canto Chorus Travels on the Silk Road with the Orchid Enesmble
- Bel Canto Chorus 5th Annual Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Blowing in the Wind~ A Benefit Concert for C.A.R.S. (1)