Volunteers are the HEART of Heartland Hospice! We are looking for more special individuals to join our growing team of superstar volunteers! Companion Volunteers enrich the lives of hospice patients in their area through regular visits, which may involve playing games, enjoying a leisurely stroll around the nursing home/assisted-living facility or just engaging in lively conversation. Service hours are extremely flexible and scheduled according to your availability and location. You have the power to bring the greatest gifts to our patients’ lives... a smile and reassurance that comes with knowing they are genuinely cared for! If you've got a little extra time to give to a senior, a big heart and want to hear someone's life story, call or email Heartland Volunteer Coordinator Emilee today to learn more about our unique volunteer opportunities: 414-944-2016; firstname.lastname@example.org. We're waiting to hear from you!
Companion Volunteer requirements: must be at least 18 years of age; agree to a background/reference check; have reliable transportation; and attend an orientation where you'll learn about the philosophy of hospice and our company, how to effectively communicate with our patients and their families, and the volunteer role.
- August Summer Art Camps at Cattywampus
- Kohl's Cares Grow Safe & Healthy Mobile Tour Stop at Miller Park Sunday, July 24
- East Tosa Veterinary Clinic Hosts Open House and Canine Flu Vaccine Clinic on Saturday, July 23
- Wauwatosa Businesses Dig It
- Studio Barcelona on Vliet Street in Washington Heights Opens to Offer Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, Creative Workshops and Hand-painted Furniture
- Wauwatosa Artist Anita L. Hagen show Opens at Artists Gallery in Racine
- Landscape Contractor Receives Lifetime Achievement Award
- Local Businessman Receives Lifetime Achievement Award
- Allume Architects awarded 2015 Civic Appreciation Award by Wauwatosa Chamber of Commerce
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host internationally renowned speaker, scientist and author, Jay Lehr, Ph.D.