Volunteers are the HEART of Heartland Hospice! We are looking for more special individuals to join our growing team of superstar volunteers! Companion Volunteers enrich the lives of hospice patients in their area through regular visits, which may involve playing games, enjoying a leisurely stroll around the nursing home/assisted-living facility or just engaging in lively conversation. Service hours are extremely flexible and scheduled according to your availability and location. You have the power to bring the greatest gifts to our patients’ lives... a smile and reassurance that comes with knowing they are genuinely cared for! If you've got a little extra time to give to a senior, a big heart and want to hear someone's life story, call or email Heartland Volunteer Coordinator Emilee today to learn more about our unique volunteer opportunities: 414-944-2016; firstname.lastname@example.org. We're waiting to hear from you!
Companion Volunteer requirements: must be at least 18 years of age; agree to a background/reference check; have reliable transportation; and attend an orientation where you'll learn about the philosophy of hospice and our company, how to effectively communicate with our patients and their families, and the volunteer role.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic Takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Dental Associates’ Wauwatosa Clinic Continues to Serve Patients
- Top 5 Things To Bring To A Job Interview
- Matthew Burow and Wayne Wiertzema Join Lutheran Home Foundation Board
- Top 5 Tips for Today's Job Seekers: It's a Whole New Game Out There
- NCAA and Dept. of Defense launch $30 million concussion initative; MCW will lead advanced research core
- The role of viruses in diabetes
- Heartland Hospice Seeking Volunteers to Enrich the Lives of Hospice Patients!
- Clinical & Translational Science Institute to Host Public Planning Session
- “Match Day” Reveals Future Plans for New Doctors