The Boys' 14 Midwest Open National Tournament was held this past week at the Western Racquet Club in Elm Grove. Felix Corwin, who just moved into the area from Boca Raton, FL, captured the Boys' 14 Championship without the loss of a set defeating Carmel, Indiana's Daniel Rayl 6-1, 6-4 in the finals on July 14.
Corwin moved to Elm Grove last month and has been training at the Western Racquet Club since the move. Felix's dad, Timon Corwin, was recently hired as the Club's Managing Dierctor of Tennis Operations.
Felix and his older brother Tim, will attend Brookfield East High School in the fall. Tim was recently a quarterfinalist at the WI State Open Boys' 16.
(Attached picture shows Champion Felix Corwin on the right and Runner-up Daniel Rayl on the left).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Help Tarte make Sweet Dreams come true this season!
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Volunteer! It's the "nice" of life!
- The role of the church in HIV prevention
- Wauwatosa Health Department Flu Clinics
- Chicago Bus Trip Planned