The Boys' 14 Midwest Open National Tournament was held this past week at the Western Racquet Club in Elm Grove. Felix Corwin, who just moved into the area from Boca Raton, FL, captured the Boys' 14 Championship without the loss of a set defeating Carmel, Indiana's Daniel Rayl 6-1, 6-4 in the finals on July 14.
Corwin moved to Elm Grove last month and has been training at the Western Racquet Club since the move. Felix's dad, Timon Corwin, was recently hired as the Club's Managing Dierctor of Tennis Operations.
Felix and his older brother Tim, will attend Brookfield East High School in the fall. Tim was recently a quarterfinalist at the WI State Open Boys' 16.
(Attached picture shows Champion Felix Corwin on the right and Runner-up Daniel Rayl on the left).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- Columbia St. Mary's Gateway Medical Clinic Unveils New CT Scanner
- MCW seeks participants for kidney research
- Artist and Display's Final Art Class