Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President, Tom Anstett; President Elect, Ed Ellingson; Vice president, Rich Woods; Treasurer, Bob Reinhardt; Secretary, Andy Barnes; Immediate Past President, Tom Schultz.
Directors: Warren Carity, Ken Snyder, Dave Eppelsheimer, Bob Gross, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, John Klose, Peter Brusky, Jason Gonwa.
Looking forward to the meeting of July 6, 2010
PROGRAMS & EVENTS
July 6 – Committee meetings.
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: We didn't have a program, but Dick Bachman filled us in on plans for the Independence Day parade. Bob Gross plans to gather the troops on the south side of Mayfair at 8:30 AM on July 4 with ten new flags, with special poles, holders, and twenty white gloves. After the parade the Crew will head to Hart Park to sell burgers and brats. The Crew gets 100% of the profits, so you can support the Crew and have lunch, too. If you go to the parade look for the unit from Saskatoon. Tom Anstett started happy dollars without contributions for the Founding Fathers and for his own father, who is recovering after a bicycle biff and a hip replacement. John Foley tossed in a buck because he is looking forward to moving his son to Austin. Turns out that his son started a business, sold the business to his former employer, and went back to work for the former employer. Dick Bachman paid a buck just to express his delight for becoming associated with the Club. Bob Reinhardt paid a dollar for missing the interclub with the Elm Grove Golden K, but he was also happy to have gotten over a fluke bacterial infection in his leg. Mike D'Amore paid a dollar for the privilege of advertising the Kids From Wisconsin concert at the State Fair Park amphitheater on July 4.
Preliminary golf reports: In John Klose's absence President Tom thanked everyone who helped. We're waiting until John's return to here the full story.
Spelling: Don Birschel is recruiting spellers for the Elm Grove club's annual spelling bee event, which is scheduled for August 5 at the Country Inn. Eli Potkonjak has the word list.
Roster: Tom Anstett is trying to update the roster. Talk to Tom and give him changes and corrections in your address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, etc.
Program assignments: July 13 – Jennifer Wakefield promises a great program. July 20 – Don Nordholm. July 27 – Ann Tennyson.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor - Kevin Sjostrom p Reporter - Ilija Potkonjak p Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
http://home.rr.com/wauwatosakiwanis www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Brusky Sjostrom & Alberts SC
2300 N. Mayfair Rd., Ste. 530
Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve
- EveryBODY Plays! MCW to host adaptive sports and recreation expo
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- 25 Reasons Why Cotter Consulting Loves Milwaukee
- Imagine More Dinner to raise funds, awareness for neuroscience research
- Thankful for a tobacco-free Dad
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential