Wauwatosa Native Bryan Cera to Exhibit Artwork at UWM's Peck School of the Arts Kenilworth Studios as Part of Arts & Technology Night on May 19th
MILWAUKEE (May 12, 2010) – Bryan Cera, a native of Wauwatosa and a student in the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Peck School's Art and Technology program, will display a networked and multi-dimensional work, tentatively titled IRL (in real life) that he has been working on in collaboration with classmate Paul Bartalone. The project utilizes a custom-built avatar robot to explore questions of electronic alter-egoism and challenge the boundaries between virtual and physical space.
Cera’s work will be on display during Arts & Technology Night on May 19th, when Kenilworth studios will be transformed into three floors of performance, projection, interactive art, sound and digital media installations to see, experience and investigate. The student-run event is free and open to the public.
Showcasing capstone projects from students in UWM's Arts and Technology program, Arts & Technology Night focuses on interdisciplinary art-making at the crossroads where technology meets visual and time-based media, sound and movement.
Student work from classes in Digital Studio Practice, including Body Art, Social Participation, and Video Strategies for Artists will also be presented. Body Art students will present collaborative performance pieces that give fresh perspectives on the dynamic and sometimes troubling relationship between bodies and objects. Social Participation will show documentation of team student projects that engaged with Installation Art, Guerrilla Art, Remix Art and Relational Aesthetics. Media will include images, video, web sites and objects. The Video Strategies for Artists class will screen projects that engage with formalistic composition, generative strategies, and alternative modes of storytelling.
When: Wednesday, May 19th, 6pm – 9pm
Where: UW-Milwaukee Kenilworth Studios, 1925 E. Kenilworth Place, Milwaukee, WI
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Announcing Wisconsin Massage Clinic Open House
- BBB's 10 Tips for Safe Online Shopping On Cyber Monday
- IndependenceFirst Milwaukee Heat “Big Cheese Classic” wheelchair basketball tourney
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- St. Margaret Mary School to Donate 13,200 Pounds of Food
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event
- YOUNG WAUWATOSA RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday