Wauwatosa Native Bryan Cera to Exhibit Artwork at UWM's Peck School of the Arts Kenilworth Studios as Part of Arts & Technology Night on May 19th
MILWAUKEE (May 12, 2010) – Bryan Cera, a native of Wauwatosa and a student in the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Peck School's Art and Technology program, will display a networked and multi-dimensional work, tentatively titled IRL (in real life) that he has been working on in collaboration with classmate Paul Bartalone. The project utilizes a custom-built avatar robot to explore questions of electronic alter-egoism and challenge the boundaries between virtual and physical space.
Cera’s work will be on display during Arts & Technology Night on May 19th, when Kenilworth studios will be transformed into three floors of performance, projection, interactive art, sound and digital media installations to see, experience and investigate. The student-run event is free and open to the public.
Showcasing capstone projects from students in UWM's Arts and Technology program, Arts & Technology Night focuses on interdisciplinary art-making at the crossroads where technology meets visual and time-based media, sound and movement.
Student work from classes in Digital Studio Practice, including Body Art, Social Participation, and Video Strategies for Artists will also be presented. Body Art students will present collaborative performance pieces that give fresh perspectives on the dynamic and sometimes troubling relationship between bodies and objects. Social Participation will show documentation of team student projects that engaged with Installation Art, Guerrilla Art, Remix Art and Relational Aesthetics. Media will include images, video, web sites and objects. The Video Strategies for Artists class will screen projects that engage with formalistic composition, generative strategies, and alternative modes of storytelling.
When: Wednesday, May 19th, 6pm – 9pm
Where: UW-Milwaukee Kenilworth Studios, 1925 E. Kenilworth Place, Milwaukee, WI
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, ue to exceptional success
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015
- ESPRIT POMS & DANCE TEAM Will Perform in DISNEY in 2016
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances