The Pettit Youth Hockey Mites took third place at the 2010 Reedsburg Youth Hockey Association Mite Polar Olympics Invitational in Reedsburg, Wisconsin on February 28.. The Pettit Patriot Mites beat the local Reedsburg Polar Mites (6-2) and the Sauk Prairie Flyers (6-2), but lost to Beaver Dam Mite A Golden Beavers (0-4). The tournament was set as a 6-team, two pool, round robin tournament. The other teams were the Dells Delton Blades and the Dodgeville Ice Wolves.
The Pettit Mite's trophy at Reedsburg follows a second-place finish at the 2010 Tropical Breakaway Mite/Squirt B Tournament held in Sparta, Wisconsin. Overall this year, the Mites have won 21 games, lost 14, and tied 3. The 2009-2010 Pettit Mite team has 11 players, ages 5 to 8. They are coached by David Schroeter, of the US Marine Corps Reserve, and Jose Matamoros, goalie for the UWM Panthers hockey team. This is Schroeter's second year coaching at Pettit and Matamoros' first year.
The Pettit Youth Hockey Program is the home hockey program of the Pettit National Ice Center in West Allis Wisconsin, an Olympic Training Facility that is also home ice for several Olympic speed skaters and for the Milwaukee Jr Admirals, a tier 1 (AAA) youth hockey program. Pettit youth hockey is a recreational program with players from throughout the Milwaukee area, including Franklin, Germantown, Milwaukee, Muskego, Pewaukee, Shorewood, Waterford, Wauwatosa, and Whitefish Bay. Many of the players are former participants of ice hockey lessons taught at the Pettit or of Pettit ice hockey summer camps. During youth hockey season, which runs September through March, Pettit youth hockey teams enjoy free public skating on the Olympic oval, in addition to their scheduled practices. For more information, contact Mike Araco, Director of Hockey Operations, at email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Clips partners with American Red Cross
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast calls for new Girl Scout members and volunteers to join in the fun
- Predicting and preventing necrotizing enterocolitis
- Participation in Special Milk Program
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- Franchisee Opens Second Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Location in Wisconsin
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Volunteering for St. Camillus
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study