Pettit Youth Hockey teams made a strong showing at the Tropical Breakaway Mite/Squirt B Tournament held January 29-31 in Sparta, Wisconsin, during the annual Hockey Weekend Across America.
Pettit Youth Hockey Patriots won the Squirt Consolation Championship. The Pettit Squirts won after scoring two consecutive shut-out wins against teams from West Salem and Waupun, following a first-round double overtime shoot-out loss to Fond Du Lac, in a bracket-style competition. The goalie, Robert Ali, is a student at Richards Elementary in Whitefish Bay, WI.
Pettit Mites took second place in a round-robin competition, after a tie-breaking decision against Ozaukee that came down to the total number of goals allowed (7-5, over 3 games played).
This is the second year in a row that Pettit Youth Hockey teams have competed at Sparta. Last year, the Pettit Mites took first place, after beating Mite teams from Sparta, Milwaukee (SHAW) and Viroqua.
Overall this season, the Pettit Mites have won 11 games, lost 12, and tied 2. The Pettit Mites are coached by David Schroeter, of the US Marine Corps Reserve, and Jose Matamoros, goalie for the UWM Panthers hockey team. This season the Pettit Spirts have won 11, lost 15, and tied 2. The Pettit Squirts are coached by Christopher Faust.
The Pettit Youth Hockey Program is the home hockey program of the Pettit National Ice Center in West Allis Wisconsin, an Olympic Training Facility that is also home ice for several Olympic speed skaters, including Shani Davis.
The Pettit Youth Hockey program is a recreational community-based program that does not require try-outs. Pettit teams include players from throughout the Milwaukee area, including Franklin, Germantown, Milwaukee, Muskego, Pewaukee, Shorewood, Waterford, Wauwatosa, and Whitefish Bay. Many of the players are former participants of ice hockey lessons taught at the Pettit or of Pettit ice hockey summer camps. For more information, contact Mike Araco, Director of Hockey Operations, at email@example.com
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park