I feel the City Assessor’s Office should be investigated because, I put my form in for Review of assessment, and Steve sends me comparisons of homes in my neighborhood that do not even come close to what I have. He is comparing my home that is 1800 living space in square footage, to homes that sold for 300,000 dollars that are 3200 sq.feet in living space. Just so the city can keep my assessment high. If you compare this house that sold for 300,000 dollars, it actually sold for 95 dollars a square foot which would bring my house down to 171,000 assessed, they have me at 249,600. Anyone that wants to buy my house at 249,600 come and get it.
Now I think everyone in this city should file their property tax review form because, if you get the deal this 300,000 house sold for, your assessment would be cut by quite a bit of money and you would pay a lot less in property taxes. I urge everyone to do this since it is obvious, City Hall does not know what they are doing, and that is why the Mayor wants a salary hike, of 4 times of what she is getting now, just because they can. That how our property taxes work, just because they can charge high property, they do. If you do not call them on it, you and your families are the ones getting ripe off. Let's stop this non-sense.
Go to “Recently sold homes in Wauwatosa ”on the internet and compare your home to ones that actually sold. Here is the form to file, after you do your homework of what actually sold in your area , you might save lots of money on your property taxes. Joe Heder
Steve Minerfirstname.lastname@example.org- phone 414 -479- 8969 fax
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park