PUBLIC INFORMATION ANNOUNCEMENT
RE: Status of fire station #1 construction & Web Cam
DATE: September 4, 2009
FROM: Dean Redman, Fire Chief
The General Contractor, J.P. Cullen & Sons, is progressing with initial construction of fire station #1. The Groundbreaking ceremony occurred July 14, 2009.
Since then most of the excavation is now complete. The most common comment I hear is “That is a big hole!”
Pouring of footings is about half complete and large sections of the parking deck walls have been poured. During September they will be finishing the footings, parking deck walls, and probably pour the parking deck floor.
During October we can expect to see delivery and placement of the first floor beams and decking.
We have installed a web cam for public access at any time. The address to enter into the address bar of your internet browser is: 22.214.171.124.
This will take you to a screen where you should click on the ENTER button to open the viewer. The first time you may need to accept installation of an ActiveX Control that takes just a few seconds to install (or, alternately, you can select the JAVA viewer to see if you have the software installed).
For a recorded information update you can call the City’s construction HOTLINE a (414) 479-8987 and enter 81 for the fire station information.
For other specific questions or information you may call the Fire Department office at (414) 471-8490 during weekday business hours.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Community Connects through Environmental Service
- Above the Town Present A Free Bluegrass Cabaret Concert
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- BBB Wisconsin Announces Statewide Torch Ethics Award Finalists
- Investigators to study link between brain injury and addiction
- Spring Salad Luncheom
- Auction Benefits Outdoor Recreation
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- Hart Park River Clean-up