Founded April 20, 1926
Officers: President, Tom Schultz; President Elect, Tom Anstett; Vice President, Ed Ellingson; Treasurer and Immediate Past President, Bob Reinhardt; Secretary, Andy Barnes.
Directors: Warren Carity, Larry Schneider, Dave Eppelsheimer, Bob Gross, Dave Hoerig, Gary Krueger, John Klose, Karen Oelerich, Peter Brusky.
Looking forward to the meeting of September 1, 2009
Bob Reinhardt, Rocky Marciano – September 1
Bob & Mary Schmidt – September 2
Bob & Louise Reinhardt – 9
PROGRAMS & EVENTS
September 1 – Committee meetings.
NEWS AND NOTES
Meeting notes: We had two guests today, both from Elm Grove, our regular visitor Bob Cummisford and Lt. Gov. Dick Hoesly. Mike D'Amore paid a happy buck to make a commercial announcement for the Kids From Wisconsin, performing at the South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center on Sunday. Tom Schultz was happy about a good weekend at the Masterpiece Showcase of Speed and Style, talking about and looking at great cars. Jesse Dorshak paid in part of the Clunkers rebate he got when he bought a new pickup. Ken Snyder paid to gloat about vacationing with his extended family on Marco Island.
Our speaker was Paul Herr, whose book, Primal Management, just came out in May, told us about managing by aligning human motivations with business goals. Paul is also Rob Ritter's grade school buddy.
Spelling: Bob Cummisford presented certificates of merit to the spelling team of Jan Fitzgerald, Jennifer Wakefield, and Eli Potkonjak.
Convention: Tom Anstett and Dick Hoesly reported on the Wisconsin-Upper Michigan convention. Tom mostly reminisced about his trip on the Mississippi. Dick explained the parliamentary struggles. Jean Davidson was there, too, presenting a workshop on Yell 'n Tell.
Annual Dinner: Tuesday, September 29.
Clergy Day: You can plan ahead. Tom DeLuca has invited Pastor Jon Jacobs of Ascension Lutheran Church to talk about the Church's tri-lingual ministry. www.ascension-mke.org.
Program assignments: 9/8 – Eli Potkonjak. 9/15 – Karen Oelerich. 9/22 – Rick Sindic.
Meetings: Tuesday noon, Mayfair Mall Community Room
Newsletter Editor: Kevin Sjostrom, Reporter: Ilija Potkonjak
Newsletter distribution: Tom DeLuca
http://home.rr.com/wauwatosakiwanis www.wiumkiwanis.org www.kiwanis.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Lutheran College announces plans for parking structure
- College announces plans for parking structure
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Support Milwaukee Mayor’s Walking Challenge
- Timely diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges Rogers InHealth unveils new social media resources to help
- Stamp Show celebrates club's 125th year
- Up and Coming Website for Teen Moms
- CTSI funds ovarian cancer research