(Milwaukee, WI) Guests will enjoy an evening of dining and dancing at this year’s Monarch Ball. The event will be held on Saturday, September 19th at The Pfister hotel in downtown Milwaukee. The evening’s festivities will also include a Voice and Silent Auction, Raffle, and presentation of the Altenheim Award. Proceeds from this event will benefit the mission of Lutheran Home, located at 7500 West North Avenue in Wauwatosa.
The Altenheim Award is presented annually to an individual(s) who epitomize the spirit of service to the older adults or further the mission of Lutheran Home in unique and special ways. This year’s recipients of the Altenheim Award are Duane and Dorothy Bluemke. For more than a decade, Duane and Dorothy Bluemke have made a profound and lasting impact on Lutheran Home and Harwood Place through their generous support and service. Duane serves on the Board of Directors, they have made financial gifts and served as resources in business operations and strategic planning.
For over 100 years we have been serving people who have outlived their resources. Many of our residents experience chronic illnesses, loneliness, depression, disability, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. With your help our residents will live out their lives in comfort and dignity, with socialization and pastoral care and the loving attention of dedicated caregivers.
As our population continues to age and government reimbursement declines, your support becomes even more valuable to us.
Lutheran Home and Harwood Place are the two Wauwatosa campuses of LutheranLiving Services. Lutheran Home provides rehabilitation services, skilled nursing, specialized memory care assisted living, adult day services and a children’s center. Harwood Place Retirement Community offers retirement living and assisted living.
For more information please call 414-258-6171 ext. 744.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th