Sunday evening, July 5th, was a beautiful evening so my son and I embarked on an almost 3 hour bike ride on the Oak Leaf Trail. We started at the Menomonee River Parkway and Congress Street (North of Capitol Drive and West of Hwy 100) and got picked up at the intersection of Howell Ave. and Oakwood Road. It was a beautiful bike ride where at times you thought you were way out in the country with beautiful fields and parks everyone.
My biggest disappointment however is that the condition of the Menomonee River Parkway from Congress Street south to Burleigh is nearing impossible for a bicyclist to ride safely. It was by far the worst stretch of the Oak Leaf Trail that we rode on out of over 25 miles. It is truly treachorous.
Has anyone else noticed lately the nice, new stone creations and landscaping in the boulevard on Lisbon Ave.? Well, I have and I would sure rather have that money go to repaving the MRP which is used by hundreds of bicyclists and pedestrians daily. Please, let's move this up on the priority list before someone gets hit by a car while trying to avoid the potholes. Can't Wauwatosa make some noise with the County to get this road fixed?!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Offers Creative Connections Camp
- Wisconsin Cooks Invited to Kick-Start Culinary Dreams
- April Math Awareness Month
- Dr. Yvonne Chiu Receives Dermatology Foundation Career Development Award
- Finale Music Notation Software for Beginners
- Mount Mary University Senior Candice Block Honored at Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict Conference
- Friends of Hart Park to Host River Clean Up
- Take Care of Your Mouth
- Attend a free Jeffrey Siegel Keyboard Conversation Family Concert
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary