Wow! Did I discover a hidden treasure right in my back yard! My family and I recently biked to Madison Park (100th St. just south of Hampton Ave.) to play tennis and low and behold, behind the restroom building is a brand spanking new splash pad!
My daughter goes to Madison Elementary School which is right across the street and yet we had no idea this was there. It opened June 13th (the day after school let out but unfortunately no note went home telling people in the neighborhood about this new addition) and from what I can tell from the county parks website, it spews water from 11-3 daily.
This splash pad replaces the swimming pool that used to be there but closed several years ago. I don't quite understand where the county got the money for this since we are always reading about their financial problems, but since it's there, we might as well let people know about it so it can be used.
A few weeks ago when it was in the 90's this would have been a big hit. There are brand new tables and benches and the existing restroom building is decent as well. A nice addition (hint, hint) would be a timer like they have on hotel hot tubs so that if you were there and the water wasn't running you could hit the button to turn it on for 10 minutes. That wouldn't waste a lot of water and allow for more use in my opinion.
So... go ahead, splash away and get wet at Madison Park!!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What statement will people REALLY be making on Denim Day, April 23?
- CYP Waukesha Hosts “Conservative Media Night” Networking Event
- Upcoming Sunset Playhouse Musical MainStage Concert features Elm Grove Resident
- Support the Arts at Spring Westside Artwalk
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $158,000 to combat sex trafficking among youth
- St. Francis All Abilities Playground Craft/Vendor Fair
- Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Status as NABCAP Premier Advisors
- COMEDY, COMEDY, AND MO’ COMEDY!
- Learn about Compost on Earth Day at Brew City Gardens
- Free Drum Clinic with The Common Thread Clinic Tour, Tuesday, April 22