Wow! Did I discover a hidden treasure right in my back yard! My family and I recently biked to Madison Park (100th St. just south of Hampton Ave.) to play tennis and low and behold, behind the restroom building is a brand spanking new splash pad!
My daughter goes to Madison Elementary School which is right across the street and yet we had no idea this was there. It opened June 13th (the day after school let out but unfortunately no note went home telling people in the neighborhood about this new addition) and from what I can tell from the county parks website, it spews water from 11-3 daily.
This splash pad replaces the swimming pool that used to be there but closed several years ago. I don't quite understand where the county got the money for this since we are always reading about their financial problems, but since it's there, we might as well let people know about it so it can be used.
A few weeks ago when it was in the 90's this would have been a big hit. There are brand new tables and benches and the existing restroom building is decent as well. A nice addition (hint, hint) would be a timer like they have on hotel hot tubs so that if you were there and the water wasn't running you could hit the button to turn it on for 10 minutes. That wouldn't waste a lot of water and allow for more use in my opinion.
So... go ahead, splash away and get wet at Madison Park!!
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids