Wow! Did I discover a hidden treasure right in my back yard! My family and I recently biked to Madison Park (100th St. just south of Hampton Ave.) to play tennis and low and behold, behind the restroom building is a brand spanking new splash pad!
My daughter goes to Madison Elementary School which is right across the street and yet we had no idea this was there. It opened June 13th (the day after school let out but unfortunately no note went home telling people in the neighborhood about this new addition) and from what I can tell from the county parks website, it spews water from 11-3 daily.
This splash pad replaces the swimming pool that used to be there but closed several years ago. I don't quite understand where the county got the money for this since we are always reading about their financial problems, but since it's there, we might as well let people know about it so it can be used.
A few weeks ago when it was in the 90's this would have been a big hit. There are brand new tables and benches and the existing restroom building is decent as well. A nice addition (hint, hint) would be a timer like they have on hotel hot tubs so that if you were there and the water wasn't running you could hit the button to turn it on for 10 minutes. That wouldn't waste a lot of water and allow for more use in my opinion.
So... go ahead, splash away and get wet at Madison Park!!
- Alverno College Announces Faculty Promotions
- July 4th Parade Entry Deadline Friday
- Callen Offers Advice On When It’s Time To Replace Windows
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in June!
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays