44th Annual Greek Fest
June 26, 27 and 28 – Wisconsin State Fair Park
Free Family Festival
WHAT: The 44th annual Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church Greek Festival. The festival is free and open to the public.
The free family event features a variety of Greek ethnic foods and entertainment, including authentic dance performances, games, rides for kids and live Greek music throughout the weekend. Food available includes the famous Greek chicken, souvlaki, gyros, saganaki, lamb dinners and mouth-watering pastries such as loukoumathes (honey puffs) and baklava. Music entertainment features Pindos, a Greek band from the Chicago area, performing throughout the three-day festival; Boomer Nation on Friday at 6:30 p.m.; Dirty Boogie on Saturday at 5:00 p.m.; and Sweet Tarts on Sunday at 5:00 p.m.
Greek Fest will be held Friday, June 26; Saturday, June 27; and Sunday, June 28, 2009. Festival hours are from noon to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday and from noon to 10 p.m. Sunday.
Wisconsin State Fair Park
Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, located in Wauwatosa, Wis., was built in 1961. The building was designed by renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright and is frequented by visitors from around the country. The church will use the proceeds from this year’s Greek Fest to support its ministries. More information on Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church can be found at www.annunciationwi.org.
Free admission and free motorcycle parking
“Our festival has become not only a hit with our church, but also with the Milwaukee community. With some of the best Greek food, culture and entertainment in the community, it makes for a great, free, family-focused event. We invite everyone to come to State Fair Park and enjoy good food, good fellowship and a good time at Greek Fest 2009.”
-- Reverend Father James Dokos, Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- De-clutter your home and recycle your books!
- Tosa's All-City Read Welcomes You to First Week Activities
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- “Grillologists,” Lambeau Leap Inventor, and Local Experts on Food to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT FOR CIGARMKE'S FEBRUARY EVENT
- Mardi Gras Big Band Dinner Dance
- Milwaukee German Immersion School Students become JA BizTown Citizens
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- National Memorabilia Appraiser & Local Home & Gardening Experts to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7