44th Annual Greek Fest
June 26, 27 and 28 – Wisconsin State Fair Park
Free Family Festival
WHAT: The 44th annual Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church Greek Festival. The festival is free and open to the public.
The free family event features a variety of Greek ethnic foods and entertainment, including authentic dance performances, games, rides for kids and live Greek music throughout the weekend. Food available includes the famous Greek chicken, souvlaki, gyros, saganaki, lamb dinners and mouth-watering pastries such as loukoumathes (honey puffs) and baklava. Music entertainment features Pindos, a Greek band from the Chicago area, performing throughout the three-day festival; Boomer Nation on Friday at 6:30 p.m.; Dirty Boogie on Saturday at 5:00 p.m.; and Sweet Tarts on Sunday at 5:00 p.m.
Greek Fest will be held Friday, June 26; Saturday, June 27; and Sunday, June 28, 2009. Festival hours are from noon to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday and from noon to 10 p.m. Sunday.
Wisconsin State Fair Park
Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, located in Wauwatosa, Wis., was built in 1961. The building was designed by renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright and is frequented by visitors from around the country. The church will use the proceeds from this year’s Greek Fest to support its ministries. More information on Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church can be found at www.annunciationwi.org.
Free admission and free motorcycle parking
“Our festival has become not only a hit with our church, but also with the Milwaukee community. With some of the best Greek food, culture and entertainment in the community, it makes for a great, free, family-focused event. We invite everyone to come to State Fair Park and enjoy good food, good fellowship and a good time at Greek Fest 2009.”
-- Reverend Father James Dokos, Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military