The West Allis - West Milwaukee Monogram Organization is proud to announce the 2009 West Allis - West Milwaukee Monogram Scholarship Winners. The Scholarships were based on Academic and Athletic Accomplishments, School and Community Service. Each of these Senior Student-Athletes has been awarded a $1000 Scholarship from the Organization. Over the past twenty years the organization has given over $180,000 in scholarships, awards and donations to our community.
2009 Scholarship Winners
Vince Borkowski Ashley Gaglione *
Matt Letizia Alex Kingsley
Maynard Saugstad Sarah Ewert
Andrew Riley Jacob Gritzmacher
* Fehrenbach Memorial Scholarship
The West Allis - West Milwaukee Monogram Organization is one of the oldest service clubs in the West Allis - West Milwaukee School District, established in 1932. The aim of the club is to promote the ideals of fair competition, good sportsmanship and recognize high school athletes of championship status.
At the conclusion of each season (fall, winter, spring, summer), our organization awards plaques to conference championship teams and individuals, all-conference athletes and WIAA State Medalists. In May, we award the West Allis - West Milwaukee Monogram Scholarship Winners.
The Club also sponsors the Monogram Athletic Achievement Award, an award given annually to the High School in West Allis - West Milwaukee School district based on their finish in Greater Metro Conference competition. You see that award displayed in the Gym at West Allis Hale and the Fieldhouse at West Allis Central.
On Friday April 3, 2009 we held our annual Spring Dance and Silent Auction at the Zoofari Center at the Milwaukee County Zoo. On Saturday June 27, 2009 at St. Florians Parrish in West Milwaukee, the Club holds a Chicken Barbeque. If you wish to support the club but can’t be present for the Chicken BBQ, consider supporting our “Dinner for a Veteran” program. Donated tickets provide a meal for a veteran living at the Zablocki VA Medical Center. Last year we were able to provide 525 dinners and over 1000 during the last three years. These are our only Fundraisers, which enabled our group raise enough money to award these $1,000 Scholarships and plaques.
Anyone interested in becoming a member of The West Allis West Milwaukee Monogram Organization call Dan Gaynor (262-542-1177), or contact any member, for information.
President West Allis - West Milwaukee Monogram Organization
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids
- Charity car wash to raise money for Mental health
- Community leaders celebrate 40 years of MACC Fund
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- Wauwatosa West students, teacher recognized for Stock Market Game Challenge
- Wauwatosa West High School Students Win National Financial Competition Again!