As part of its ongoing commitment to green building practices, Tim O’Brien Homes, Inc., a semi-custom, single-family homebuilder with offices in Milwaukee and Madison, announced that every new home built by the company is now solar ready.
Provided in coordination with SunVest Solar, Inc., all new Tim O’Brien Homes will meet code for the future installation of a solar electric system. According to SunVest, these systems provide a renewable energy solution with both environmental and financial benefits. The financial advantage of the systems has increased in recent years, as the cost of solar energy has decreased by 68 percent between 2009 and 2014, while electricity rates increased 15 percent over the same period. Today, a solar electric system from SunVest provides an average annual return on investment of nearly 20 percent.
“We are proud and excited to make it easier and more affordable for homeowners to go solar,” said Tim O’Brien, president of Tim O’Brien Homes. “Surveys show that 97% of Americans overestimate the cost of installing a solar system and 77% of homeowners would install solar if cost were not a factor. Having the required infrastructure in each of our new homes makes solar energy an easier decision for homeowners to make.”
To be considered solar ready, new homes are built with the necessary conduit and piping from the roof to the basement installed within the home’s walls. This allows for faster, cleaner, and less expensive installation when homeowners opt to equip their home with a solar electric system.
SunVest solar electric systems are designed and built to last 30 years with little required maintenance. The solar panels, which are typically installed on the roof of a home, are tested to handle between 30 and 40 pounds of snow per square foot, 90 miles per hour wind gusts, and one-inch hail stones at 55 miles per hour.
Tim O’Brien Homes is committed to energy efficiency, innovative designs, green building practices, and renewable technologies. Every home built meets the Focus on Energy and the Wisconsin Green Built Home programs, which are third-party tested and certified, ensuring a solid investment and low cost of homeownership.
With model homes available to tour throughout the greater Milwaukee area, all Tim O’Brien Homes feature a 10-year limited warranty that is transferable and backed by insurance. Focused on delivering an extraordinary building experience, the Tim O’Brien Homes team of industry professionals has provided over 1,000 new homes to satisfied customers.
For more information, contact Tim O’Brien Homes at 262-542-5750 or visit TimOBrienHomes.com.
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military