The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) has named William Campbell, Ph.D., professor and chair of the department of pharmacology and toxicology, an Eminent Scholar at MCW.
The Eminent Scholar program recognizes and rewards excellence in academic and scholarly achievement that ordinarily would be funded from an endowed chair. MCW names one Eminent Scholar every year, and the term is five years.
Dr. Campbell joined MCW in 1992. He has published more than 300 peer-reviewed papers and book chapters, and his lab has been continuously funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for more than 35 years. He has earned prestigious honors, including the Novartis Award for Hypertension Research from the American Heart Association (AHA), the Paul Vanhoutte Award in Vascular Pharmacology from the American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, and the Excellence in Pharmacology and Toxicology Award from the PhRMA Foundation. He was one of three recipients of the 2013 Distinguished Service Awards and is currently completing a sabbatical at the Magdalen College Oxford.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West Orchestra Students Honored
- MCW researcher to study gene therapies for hemophilia
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You