The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) has named William Campbell, Ph.D., professor and chair of the department of pharmacology and toxicology, an Eminent Scholar at MCW.
The Eminent Scholar program recognizes and rewards excellence in academic and scholarly achievement that ordinarily would be funded from an endowed chair. MCW names one Eminent Scholar every year, and the term is five years.
Dr. Campbell joined MCW in 1992. He has published more than 300 peer-reviewed papers and book chapters, and his lab has been continuously funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for more than 35 years. He has earned prestigious honors, including the Novartis Award for Hypertension Research from the American Heart Association (AHA), the Paul Vanhoutte Award in Vascular Pharmacology from the American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, and the Excellence in Pharmacology and Toxicology Award from the PhRMA Foundation. He was one of three recipients of the 2013 Distinguished Service Awards and is currently completing a sabbatical at the Magdalen College Oxford.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Help Tarte make Sweet Dreams come true this season!
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Volunteer! It's the "nice" of life!
- The role of the church in HIV prevention
- Wauwatosa Health Department Flu Clinics
- Chicago Bus Trip Planned