After working as a corporate trainer, Sherri Povolo always dreamed about owning her own restaurant. A year ago, Povolo’s dream came true when she opened her first Dickey’s Barbecue Pit in Pewaukee with her son-in-law, Craig Hatfield. On Thursday, August 28 at 11 a.m., the family will open their second location in New Berlin. The new location is throwing a three-day grand opening celebration with the first 50 guests receiving gift cards worth up to $50.
“I had always wanted to own my own restaurant -- not many people have the opportunity to live their dream,” said multi-unit franchise owner, Sherri Povolo. “I can now say I've doubled my dream with this second restaurant and I know the community of New Berlin will love the food.”
Friday, guests can stop by for Dickey’s Barbecue t-shirts and koozies with all day merchandise giveaways. On Saturday from noon to 2 p.m., radio station FM 106.1 will be on-site when one lucky winner will be chosen for a $500 gift card and three winners will receive free barbecue for an entire year. This party also includes $2 pulled pork barbecue sandwiches.
Povolo is from Milwaukee. Prior to opening her first Dickey’s Barbecue Pit, Povolo worked as a business development executive for Chula Vista Resort in the Wisconsin Dells. The new Dickey’s Barbecue Pit in New Berlin is located at 15155 West National Avenue and the phone number is 262.649.7043. You can keep up with this location on Facebook.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Alicia, My Story
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- MCW researchers to study medication to treat traumatic brain injury
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council