Sunset Playhouse is kicking off its 55th season in Elm Grove. It is home to a community theater and three professional series, including Musical MainStage, which features promising student performers.
Elm Grove, WI, August 20, 2014 – Milwaukee resident Kendra Guy has been named a Rising Star for Musical MainStage, a professional concert series at Sunset Playhouse in Elm Grove. The daughter of Kenneth and Katina Guy, Kendra is a senior at Wauwatosa East High School where she is active in softball, theatre, orchestra, and choir. Her acting career began at age eight with a performance for the African American Children’s Theatre, and her credits include THE COMIC BOOK and TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD with Modjeska Community Theater.
At Tosa East, Kendra appeared in the school’s production of HAIRSPRAY, and received a Tommy Award for her role in GODSPELL. She plays violin and co-wrote a play called WE ARE THE DREAM, based on African-American heroes. Kendra hopes to continue performing but after graduation will also pursue her goal to study dentistry and become an orthodontist.
Wauwatosa resident Nancy Visintainer-Armstrong, Sunset Playhouse’s Artistic Director, explains that “each concert features professional singers and musicians but also offers performance opportunities to one promising high school student. Half a dozen of our previous Rising Stars have also been awarded college scholarships.”
Kendra will join Alison Mary Forbes, Tommy Hahn, Joel Kopischke, and Peggy Peterson Ryan in a show called “Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame”, featuring the work of artists inducted into the iconic institution.
Performances are on Monday, September 15th and Tuesday, September 16th. For more information about the production or tickets, you can visit sunsetplayhouse.com or call its box office at 262-782-4430; the box office is open Tuesdays through Fridays from 1-5pm and Saturdays from 1-4pm.
Sunset Playhouse - 800 Elm Grove Rd. - Elm Grove, WI 53122
Contact: Susan Loveridge, 414-336-8930, email@example.com
or Danny Slattery, firstname.lastname@example.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability