Improvement in GERD Following Reduction of Vertebral Subluxations
(August 25, Wauwatosa, WI). A case report discusses the results of chiropractic care on a 27 year old female with the diagnosis of GERD and vertebral subluxation, as published in the Journal of Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research.
Wauwatosa-based Dr. Jeff Grosskopf, D.C., stated, “A 27 year old female hairstylist presented to a chiropractic office with a history of upper and mid-back pain, and gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD) which she stated was present since she was 15 years old after a rear end collision.”
GERD is arguable the most prevalent clinical condition of the gastrointestinal tract. The main symptom is heartburn – a burning sensation behind the sternum aggravated by eating, lying down, or increased intra-abdominal pressure.
“The patient was analyzed for subluxations based on Chiropractic Biophysics Technique (CBP) protocols. CBP emphasizes optimal posture and spinal alignment as the primary goals of chiropractic care, with a focus on the structural rehabilitation of the spine and posture.” said Dr. Grosskopf.
The patient received chiropractic care 3 times per week for 2 months at which time follow-up radiographs were taken, showing noticeable improvement structurally and also in GERD symptoms as reported by the patient. “Improvements in the patient’s abnormal posture and reduction of GERD symptoms as well as reductions of the radiographic vertebral subluxations using the CBP protocol shows promising results and may be effective for the reduction of GERD symptoms in cases which have not responded well to standard pharmacological treatment.” said Dr. Grosskopf.
Anyone wishing more information may contact Dr. Grosskopf, whose office is located at 10425 W. North Ave, Wauwatosa, WI (telephone 414-426-9677).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Wauwatosa West Dance Team wins Regionals