Improvement in GERD Following Reduction of Vertebral Subluxations
(August 25, Wauwatosa, WI). A case report discusses the results of chiropractic care on a 27 year old female with the diagnosis of GERD and vertebral subluxation, as published in the Journal of Annals of Vertebral Subluxation Research.
Wauwatosa-based Dr. Jeff Grosskopf, D.C., stated, “A 27 year old female hairstylist presented to a chiropractic office with a history of upper and mid-back pain, and gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD) which she stated was present since she was 15 years old after a rear end collision.”
GERD is arguable the most prevalent clinical condition of the gastrointestinal tract. The main symptom is heartburn – a burning sensation behind the sternum aggravated by eating, lying down, or increased intra-abdominal pressure.
“The patient was analyzed for subluxations based on Chiropractic Biophysics Technique (CBP) protocols. CBP emphasizes optimal posture and spinal alignment as the primary goals of chiropractic care, with a focus on the structural rehabilitation of the spine and posture.” said Dr. Grosskopf.
The patient received chiropractic care 3 times per week for 2 months at which time follow-up radiographs were taken, showing noticeable improvement structurally and also in GERD symptoms as reported by the patient. “Improvements in the patient’s abnormal posture and reduction of GERD symptoms as well as reductions of the radiographic vertebral subluxations using the CBP protocol shows promising results and may be effective for the reduction of GERD symptoms in cases which have not responded well to standard pharmacological treatment.” said Dr. Grosskopf.
Anyone wishing more information may contact Dr. Grosskopf, whose office is located at 10425 W. North Ave, Wauwatosa, WI (telephone 414-426-9677).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Callen Designer Suggests Modifications That Benefit People of All Ages
- Stan’s Fit For Your Feet Promotes Sajdak and Names Kim Marketing Coordinator
- On Course for a Cure: Golfers tee off for digestive disease research
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces 2015 Fall Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Free Homeowner
- Menomonee Falls Resident Elected to National Pharmacy Board, Receives National Honor
- Karpinski Elected to National Pharmacy Board, Receives National Honor
- MCW researcher wins Imagine More Award for neuroscience research
- SMOKIN' ACES & CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE