The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic Takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
Dr. Paul Barkhaus and the team of neurological specialists from the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic enthusiastically took on a challenge to spread awareness of ALS, commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has been making waves across social media sites like Facebook for several weeks. On Thursday, August 21, before downing buckets of icy cold water atop their heads, Dr. Barkhaus said, “We’re participating in this ice bucket challenge in honor of our patients and their caregivers and ask that anyone whose life has been touched by ALS also take up the challenge.”
Visit https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=690830277661182 to see the team’s video.
ALS is an extremely challenging disease for patients and their caregivers. The ALS experts at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin and the VA Medical Center provide advanced drug treatments and state-of-the-art medical care, enabling them to help many people slow the progress of ALS symptoms. Emotional support for patients and caregivers is also a critical element of our program. For information about the ALS Clinic at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin’s academic medical center campus visit http://www.froedtert.com/neuroscience/als or call 1-800-DOCTORS
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids
- Charity car wash to raise money for Mental health
- Community leaders celebrate 40 years of MACC Fund