The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic Takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
Dr. Paul Barkhaus and the team of neurological specialists from the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic enthusiastically took on a challenge to spread awareness of ALS, commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has been making waves across social media sites like Facebook for several weeks. On Thursday, August 21, before downing buckets of icy cold water atop their heads, Dr. Barkhaus said, “We’re participating in this ice bucket challenge in honor of our patients and their caregivers and ask that anyone whose life has been touched by ALS also take up the challenge.”
Visit https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=690830277661182 to see the team’s video.
ALS is an extremely challenging disease for patients and their caregivers. The ALS experts at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin and the VA Medical Center provide advanced drug treatments and state-of-the-art medical care, enabling them to help many people slow the progress of ALS symptoms. Emotional support for patients and caregivers is also a critical element of our program. For information about the ALS Clinic at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin’s academic medical center campus visit http://www.froedtert.com/neuroscience/als or call 1-800-DOCTORS
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- College seeking third-party comments for HLC accreditation
- You are invited to Esprit Poms' Pizzeria Piccola fundraiser - December 28th, 2014, 4-9pm
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS