The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic Takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
Dr. Paul Barkhaus and the team of neurological specialists from the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic enthusiastically took on a challenge to spread awareness of ALS, commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge has been making waves across social media sites like Facebook for several weeks. On Thursday, August 21, before downing buckets of icy cold water atop their heads, Dr. Barkhaus said, “We’re participating in this ice bucket challenge in honor of our patients and their caregivers and ask that anyone whose life has been touched by ALS also take up the challenge.”
Visit https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=690830277661182 to see the team’s video.
ALS is an extremely challenging disease for patients and their caregivers. The ALS experts at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin and the VA Medical Center provide advanced drug treatments and state-of-the-art medical care, enabling them to help many people slow the progress of ALS symptoms. Emotional support for patients and caregivers is also a critical element of our program. For information about the ALS Clinic at Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin’s academic medical center campus visit http://www.froedtert.com/neuroscience/als or call 1-800-DOCTORS
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Announcing Wisconsin Massage Clinic Open House
- BBB's 10 Tips for Safe Online Shopping On Cyber Monday
- IndependenceFirst Milwaukee Heat “Big Cheese Classic” wheelchair basketball tourney
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- St. Margaret Mary School to Donate 13,200 Pounds of Food
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event
- YOUNG WAUWATOSA RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday