Wauwatosa ESPRIT (Srs) will be packing their bags in February for sunny Orlando, Florida where they will join the Midwest's top ten dance teams to march in Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade. The top ten dance teams will also perform at Epcot, and the Theater of Stars in Hollywood Studios. All of this is made possible by Badgerette Pompon, Inc. who has put together the 18th Annual Badgerette All Star Talent Tour, featuring "The Best in the Midwest."
The squads headed to Disney are especially excited that this is not a competition, but a celebration with those who were honored this summer for their excellence at Badgerette's 2014 Midwest Grand Championships in Schaumburg, Illinois. There were 35 outstanding squads in attendance. Esprit was awarded: 2nd Place (Small Varsity) Kickline Routine; 6th Place (Small Varsity) Open Pom Routine; 3rd Place (Small Varsity) Midwest Competition Routine - "The Spark;" and 8th Place Overall, The Best in the Midwest 2014-15, earning them the honor to perform in Disney. Team Captain, Sami Penneau, competed in the solo Miss Badgerette competition with over 100 other soloists, and placed among the Top 10 in the Midwest.
After Esprit returns from Disney, they will conduct open tryouts in April for anyone interested in becoming a part of their exciting teams. The senior team is comprised of students entering 8th through 12th grade. Visit our Facebook page (Esprit Poms & Dance Team, Wauwatosa, WI.) for tryout dates and updated information.
Esprit's JUNIOR team, comprised of students 5th through 8th grade, will also conduct tryouts in April. Esprit Juniors participated in the Midwest Grand Championships and earned 3rd Place (Junior Division) Short Program; 3rd Place (Junior Division) Kick 60; 3rd Place (Junior Division) Open Pom; and 3rd Place Overall (Junior Division).
Our NEWEST team, the ESPRIT MINI's, will start classes starting on October 1st at Roosevelt Gym and is for students K- 4th grades. No previous dance experience is required. Students will be taught basic pom related dance movements and learn one complete routine for the season. This is a great first dance class for students, whether young dancers just want to explore what pom dance is all about, or are getting ready to try out for a competitive pom team, or high school team. See your Wauwatosa Recreation Fall Activity Guide for details.
Esprit was established in 1990 through the Wauwatosa Recreation Department, and is celebrating 24 years of excellence and good sportsmanship this year.
Congratulations on your accomplishments so far this season Esprit, and have a GREAT time in Disney!!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th