Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Support Milwaukee Mayor’s Walking Challenge
The sun was shining on Wednesday, August 13 as many Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin staff members supported the City of Milwaukee’s 100 Miles in 100 Days Challenge.
Mayor Tom Barrett joined Froedtert Health president and CEO Cathy Jacobson for a walk around the Wauwatosa-based Milwaukee Regional Medical Center campus. At the launch of the challenge, Jacobson signed up to take part, and the hospital’s Wellness Works employee health program encouraged nearly 9,000 staff across the regional health system to take the pledge and walk 100 miles.
Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a member of Well City Milwaukee, a coalition of employers working together to put Milwaukee on the map as one of our nation’s cities with the healthiest workforce. In more than 70 days, challenge participants across the Milwaukee area have walked more than 20,000 miles!
Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin was the first organization to sign up for the 100 Miles in 100 Days challenge. The health care organization is proud to support this effort and applauds all who make health a priority by exercising!
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military