Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Support Milwaukee Mayor’s Walking Challenge
The sun was shining on Wednesday, August 13 as many Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin staff members supported the City of Milwaukee’s 100 Miles in 100 Days Challenge.
Mayor Tom Barrett joined Froedtert Health president and CEO Cathy Jacobson for a walk around the Wauwatosa-based Milwaukee Regional Medical Center campus. At the launch of the challenge, Jacobson signed up to take part, and the hospital’s Wellness Works employee health program encouraged nearly 9,000 staff across the regional health system to take the pledge and walk 100 miles.
Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a member of Well City Milwaukee, a coalition of employers working together to put Milwaukee on the map as one of our nation’s cities with the healthiest workforce. In more than 70 days, challenge participants across the Milwaukee area have walked more than 20,000 miles!
Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin was the first organization to sign up for the 100 Miles in 100 Days challenge. The health care organization is proud to support this effort and applauds all who make health a priority by exercising!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB to Hold Free Fall Shredding Events
- Travel Around the World at the 71st Annual Holiday Folk Fair International
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center's Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- St. Robert School Annual Rummage Sale October 3 and 4
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- HMGC designated to run Undiagnosed Disease Network sequencing center
- New parking lot kicks off $1 million in WAUMC capital improvements