The 27th annual LPGA Pro-Am Golf Tournament to benefit the Medical College of Wisconsin’s (MCW) Digestive Disease Center will be held Monday, Aug. 25, at the Wisconsin Country Club at 6200 W. Good Hope Road in Milwaukee.
The “On Course for a Cure” tournament features Ladies Professional Golf Association players, who will team up with hundreds of community leaders to raise funds for Crohn’s Disease and ulcerative colitis research at the Digestive Disease Center. More than 1.5 million Americans are afflicted with these two diseases, collectively known as inflammatory bowel disease. The money raised will help researchers improve the quality of life for those individuals while working towards a cure. Last year, this event raised more than $250,000.
In addition to the action on the greens, the event will include dinner, a raffle and a live and silent auction featuring Steve “The Homer” True, local on-air sports personality.
Some of the auction items include a golf trip to Desert Mountain in Arizona, during which the winner will have the opportunity to play six Jack Nicklaus-designed courses; the Chef’s Table at Mason Street Grill, and the opportunity to have your genome sequenced.
The raffle items are also golf-themed, offering the opportunity to win a foursome at Whistling Straits, followed by four rooms at Riverbend in Kohler, and then a foursome at Erin Hills.
Tim O’Malley and Dave Raysich are co-chairs, and Bryan H. Mullett of the Bradley Corporation is the honorary chair of the event.
For sponsorship details, or to attend, contact Kelly Baylor at email@example.com or (414) 955-4701.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Two Delafield Homes on 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes
- 16th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes to Feature Three Wauwatosa Area Projects
- Paper Source ~ Seeking Store Manager
- A new use for older drugs to target the spread of breast cancer
- CIGARMKE ANNOUNCES THEIR MAY EVENT
- YOGA BENEFIT for META HOUSE
- Gymnastics Tryouts Being Held For Boys, Girls, and Tumbling & Trampoline Teams
- Milwaukee/NARI Tour of Remodeled Homes Announces 2015 Sponsors
- FREE Health Screening to Detect a “Silent Killer”
- Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin Makes List of Top Health Systems