The Esprit Poms & Dance Teams have been very busy over the summer practicing routines in preparation for the biggest and most exciting competition of the summer season - Badgerette's Midwest Invitational in Schaumburg, Illinois on August 15-16th. Both the Esprit Seniors and Juniors attended summer pompon camp at St. Norbert College in De Pere, and each earned an invitation to compete in Schaumburg among 34 other teams from Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan.
Both Esprit teams also recently competed at the annual Wisconsin State Fair pompon competition, and Esprit (Seniors) earned 4th place among the high school varsity teams.
Esprit (Juniors) will be conducting a fall tryout for students in 5th through 8th grades during the first week of September. Details will be available in the Wauwatosa Recreation Department Fall Activity Guide or you can contact the coach directly for more details.
Esprit is growing!! This fall, Esprit will introduce the new Esprit MINI Poms team, a K - 4th grade program where students will meet on Wednesdays for 1 hour; be taught basic pom and related dance movements; and learn one complete routine for the season (October through February.) No previous dance experience is required and there are no auditions or tryouts. Esprit Mini's will perform in exhibition at 1 competition at the end of February and 1 community performance in December or January. This is a great first dance class for students in grades K - 4th, whether young dancers just want to explore what pom dance is all about, or are getting ready to try out for a competitive pom team or high school team going forward. Program details will be announced in the Wauwatosa Recreation Department Fall Activity Guide which will be in the mail or available online, starting on August 19th. Wauwatosa residents may register as soon as they receive the activity guide for most activities. Register online, by mail, fax, or in person at the Recreation Department office. Non-residents may begin registering on September 10th.
Congratulations on your accomplishments so far this summer, and good luck at Midwest, Esprit!!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers
- Corporate Chair Massage Program - It's Essential!
- Halloween Safety Tips
- Dr. Kiran K. Turaga named Sharon K. Wadina Endowed Professor in Sarcoma Research
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: October schedule
- Happy 10th Anniversary Hart Park Square!
- MCW announces Critical Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $250,000 to assess health impact of Eau Claire community planning
- Seniors can learn tips for downsizing in free presentation Oct. 6
- MCW awarded $2.7 million grant to advance the understanding and measurement of outcomes in children with chronic disease