The Aurora Visiting Nurse Association is receiving a generous gift of more than $80,000 from local sponsors and golfers. They all came together during the Aurora Golf Classic held on Monday, July 21st at Chenequa Country Club. The support will help children and adults who rely on Aurora for in-home health, specialized pediatric and hospice care, as well as residential care at Aurora Zilber Family Hospice.
Celebrity guest golfer and former Green Bay Packers wide receiver Antonio Freeman golfed with each of the foursomes and spoke during the program. Aurora was also pleased to welcome Melissa, a mother of quadruplets, who had first-hand experience with the visiting nurses.
Proceeds will help the VNA provide rehab to patients returning home after surgery, care for newborns going home for the first days or weeks of their lives, and to offer dignity and comfort to patients during their final moments.
Last year, Aurora caregivers drove nearly three million miles across eastern Wisconsin in order to provide in-home care for more than 15,000 women, men and children. That included pediatric care, 62,000 hospice benefit days, and delivering critical home medical equipment to over 37,000 patients.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- College seeking third-party comments for HLC accreditation
- You are invited to Esprit Poms' Pizzeria Piccola fundraiser - December 28th, 2014, 4-9pm
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS