The eighth annual Chalk Art Festival will be held Saturday, August 16 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, August 17 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Bayshore Town Center. The event is presented by Bayshore Town Center in partnership with Welcome to Glendale, the City of Glendale’s Convention and Visitors Bureau, the Riverwest Artists Association and the North Shore Academy for the Arts.
On Saturday, August 16, attendees of this free festival will be able to watch more than 60 local and national artists create works of sidewalk chart art and vote on their favorite pieces in six categories: People’s Choice, Most Likely to be Hung in a Museum, Best Use of Color, Artist Youth Award, Best Animal and the newest addition, Best Dinosaur. The winner of “Best Dinosaur” will receive suite-level tickets to the arena spectacular, Walking With Dinosaurs at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Additional activities in the Town Square will include musical performances by:
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.: MYSO New Orleans Jazz Stompers
• 2 to 3 p.m.: School of Rock Shorewood House Band
• 4 to 6 p.m.: Home by Midnight
On Sunday, August 17, attendees will be able to see the finished masterpieces and results of the public vote. There will also be entertainment provided in the Town Square, including musical performances by:
• Noon to 2 p.m.: MYSO Jazz Guitar Ensemble
• 4 to 5 p.m.: Jellyfish
The festival will also include workshops for all ages to participate in as well as a Kids Area where children can create their own masterpieces and fun art projects to take home.
The Chalk Art Festival is sponsored by California Pizza Kitchen and North Shore Bank.
Images of creations from past years can be viewed and downloaded at the following link: http://bit.ly/1ugniiR.
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids
- Charity car wash to raise money for Mental health
- Community leaders celebrate 40 years of MACC Fund
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- Wauwatosa West students, teacher recognized for Stock Market Game Challenge
- Wauwatosa West High School Students Win National Financial Competition Again!