The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) will explore ways to partner and collaborate on education, training and research endeavors with leaders and students at the University of Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
John R. Raymond, Sr., M.D., president and CEO of MCW, recently visited the Emirate of Sharjah in UAE to sign a memorandum of understanding with University of Sharjah Chancellor Hamid Al Naimiy.
Both parties seek to foster international cooperation through scholarly exchange. That exchange could occur through visiting faculty members and research scholars, exchange of students, joint research activities and meetings concerning education and research, joint educational programs at the graduate level, and medical residency training programs and fellowships. The agreement also facilitates networking and supports collaboration between the educational programs, research centers, and affiliated hospitals associated with each institution.
“This new agreement with the University of Sharjah exemplifies the spirit of cooperation we hope to continue to foster through collaboration and the exchange of ideas and brainpower between MCW and academic partners all over the globe,” said Dr. Raymond.
As part of this cooperation, Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network has begun efforts to develop an expanded program for international patients.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde