The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) will explore ways to partner and collaborate on education, training and research endeavors with leaders and students at the University of Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
John R. Raymond, Sr., M.D., president and CEO of MCW, recently visited the Emirate of Sharjah in UAE to sign a memorandum of understanding with University of Sharjah Chancellor Hamid Al Naimiy.
Both parties seek to foster international cooperation through scholarly exchange. That exchange could occur through visiting faculty members and research scholars, exchange of students, joint research activities and meetings concerning education and research, joint educational programs at the graduate level, and medical residency training programs and fellowships. The agreement also facilitates networking and supports collaboration between the educational programs, research centers, and affiliated hospitals associated with each institution.
“This new agreement with the University of Sharjah exemplifies the spirit of cooperation we hope to continue to foster through collaboration and the exchange of ideas and brainpower between MCW and academic partners all over the globe,” said Dr. Raymond.
As part of this cooperation, Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network has begun efforts to develop an expanded program for international patients.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park