The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) will explore ways to partner and collaborate on education, training and research endeavors with leaders and students at the University of Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
John R. Raymond, Sr., M.D., president and CEO of MCW, recently visited the Emirate of Sharjah in UAE to sign a memorandum of understanding with University of Sharjah Chancellor Hamid Al Naimiy.
Both parties seek to foster international cooperation through scholarly exchange. That exchange could occur through visiting faculty members and research scholars, exchange of students, joint research activities and meetings concerning education and research, joint educational programs at the graduate level, and medical residency training programs and fellowships. The agreement also facilitates networking and supports collaboration between the educational programs, research centers, and affiliated hospitals associated with each institution.
“This new agreement with the University of Sharjah exemplifies the spirit of cooperation we hope to continue to foster through collaboration and the exchange of ideas and brainpower between MCW and academic partners all over the globe,” said Dr. Raymond.
As part of this cooperation, Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network has begun efforts to develop an expanded program for international patients.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability