Children, ages 3 through third grade, are invited to explore different cultures and learn how God’s love is shared around the world at the Everywhere Fun Fair vacation Bible school at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave., Thursday, Aug. 14 and Friday, Aug. 15 from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, Aug. 16 from 9 – 11 a.m. VBS participants will share their world’s fair experience during the 9:45 a.m. worship service on Sunday, Aug. 17.
The cost is $10 per child with a family maximum of $20.
Everyone is invited to join in the fun – families do not have to be members of WAUMC. Please visit the church website for a list of parking options and map of the area.
Everywhere Fun Fair takes children on a global celebration. Youngsters will make friends with neighbors around the world and discover that God’s love can be found everywhere, including their own neighborhoods. They will be introduced to special places from all over the world and discover that we are all neighbors and all children of God.
The world’s fair atmosphere offers exciting attractions, such as interactive Bible storytelling, global games, rockin’ music, super science, cool crafts, and more!
Make the fun last with an Everywhere Fun Fair CD ROM at a cost of $4.50. It includes songs and five computer games to help children of all ages remember their VBS experience.
To be a part of the Everywhere Fun Fair excitement, call WAUMC Director of Christian Education Natalie Stumpner at 414-453-0700 or send email to email@example.com.
Preregistration encouraged and appreciated.
Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church dates back to 1848 and began with 42-members. Today, the congregation is more than 400 strong and firmly committed to inclusiveness, celebrating a diversity of people, ideas and cultures.
WAUMC offers two Sunday services, Christian education classes for individuals ages 3 through adult, a variety of adult and youth music programs and Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops.
The congregation is involved with more than a dozen local, national and international mission outreach efforts.
The Mary of Magdala, Apostle to the Apostles, inclusive Vatican II Catholic Church celebrates Eucharist every Sunday in Wesley Hall at 9:45 a.m. on the WAUMC campus, as of Jan. 13, 2013.
For more information, call 414-453-0700 or visit www.waumc.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa West Orchestra Students Honored
- MCW researcher to study gene therapies for hemophilia
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament
- Guitar Workshop Series Offered at White House of Music, Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You