Capuchin Friar Michael Joseph (MJ) Groark, son of Michael and Anna of Wauwatosa, has made his solemn perpetual profession of vows as a Capuchin friar, July 26 at St. Francis of Assisi Parish, Milwaukee, the site of the oldest Capuchin structure of the Capuchin Order in North America.
Provincial Minister Michael Sullivan states, “I am grateful for Brother MJ’s presence in our Capuchin community. His energy, leadership, and willingness to serve have inspired me and others. MJ has shared his story with many people and I can attest to his spirit of gratitude, which he so eloquently expresses. We in the province are happy to have him as our brother. We look forward to witnessing his continued growth as he completes his undergraduate studies at St. Xavier University in Chicago and further discerns his call to serve God and the people of God as a priest.”
“I am truly grateful to God, my family, and my Capuchin brothers for helping me get to this point,” Brother MJ states. “I am so thankful that I was open to this calling in my life. Taking perpetual vows is the culmination of a long journey for me. Living the Capuchin way of life, in the footsteps of St. Francis, has been a wonderful experience, and I am very excited to see what the future holds.”
The Capuchins are an international community of friars modeling themselves after St. Francis of Assisi. The brothers of the Capuchin Province of St. Joseph, are headquartered in Detroit serve in a variety of ministries including social service, schools, chaplaincies, retreat houses and parishes in Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Montana, Arizona, California, Nicaragua, and Panama. Established at Mt. Calvary Wisconsin in 1857, there are currently 174 members in the St. Joseph province.
The Capuchin Province of St. Joseph is headquartered in Detroit and serves Capuchin ministries worldwide. www.TheCapuchins.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB Warns of IRS Scam
- College seeking third-party comments for HLC accreditation
- You are invited to Esprit Poms' Pizzeria Piccola fundraiser - December 28th, 2014, 4-9pm
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director