Capuchin Friar Michael Joseph (MJ) Groark, son of Michael and Anna of Wauwatosa, has made his solemn perpetual profession of vows as a Capuchin friar, July 26 at St. Francis of Assisi Parish, Milwaukee, the site of the oldest Capuchin structure of the Capuchin Order in North America.
Provincial Minister Michael Sullivan states, “I am grateful for Brother MJ’s presence in our Capuchin community. His energy, leadership, and willingness to serve have inspired me and others. MJ has shared his story with many people and I can attest to his spirit of gratitude, which he so eloquently expresses. We in the province are happy to have him as our brother. We look forward to witnessing his continued growth as he completes his undergraduate studies at St. Xavier University in Chicago and further discerns his call to serve God and the people of God as a priest.”
“I am truly grateful to God, my family, and my Capuchin brothers for helping me get to this point,” Brother MJ states. “I am so thankful that I was open to this calling in my life. Taking perpetual vows is the culmination of a long journey for me. Living the Capuchin way of life, in the footsteps of St. Francis, has been a wonderful experience, and I am very excited to see what the future holds.”
The Capuchins are an international community of friars modeling themselves after St. Francis of Assisi. The brothers of the Capuchin Province of St. Joseph, are headquartered in Detroit serve in a variety of ministries including social service, schools, chaplaincies, retreat houses and parishes in Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Montana, Arizona, California, Nicaragua, and Panama. Established at Mt. Calvary Wisconsin in 1857, there are currently 174 members in the St. Joseph province.
The Capuchin Province of St. Joseph is headquartered in Detroit and serves Capuchin ministries worldwide. www.TheCapuchins.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability