Wauwatosa, Wis. – A 5-year-old Germantown girl living with cystic fibrosis will enjoy a much-anticipated visit to her favorite theme park, thanks to the generosity of Foti Chiropractic, its patients and supporters.
Ella and her family will head to Disney World in Orlando, Fla., later this year, the young girl’s “wish” made a reality by Foti Chiropractic and Make-A-Wish® Wisconsin. The trip will provide Ella and her family a healthy dose of hope, strength and joy.
Through its “Make Another Wish” campaign, Foti Chiropractic raised $6,300 for Ella’s trip in just the first six months of 2014. The clincher was June 17, when Foti Chiropractic raised $2,700 in one day providing $10 adjustments and selling T-shirts. All proceeds were donated to Make-A-Wish® Wisconsin.
“We are proud to have reached our fund-raising goal, but most of all overjoyed that Ella will get to experience the magic of Disney World with her family,” said Dr. David J. Foti. “We humbly thank the many, many people whose generosity made this Make-A-Wish Wisconsin experience possible.”
Ella’s trip costs $5,000. The remaining money is a head start on raising a second $5,000 by year’s end to fulfill the “wish” of another child suffering from a serious illness or ailment. Lest anyone doubt the possibility, Foti Chiropractic raised more than $10,000 in 2013, its inaugural “Year of Wishes” campaign, to send an 18-year-old Wisconsin woman and her family to Hawaii.
Make-A-Wish® Wisconsin grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions. The program granted 340 wishes in 2013.
Foti Chiropractic, which has improved the health of Wauwatosa and nearby communities for 36 years, took up the Make-A-Wish challenge early in 2013. The clinic continues to offer a special introductory consultation package for new patients, with all money donated to Make-A-Wish.
Founded by Dr. David J. Foti in 1978, and joined in 2007 by his daughter, Dr. Felicia Toy, Foti Chiropractic has provided natural health care to thousands of patients, emphasizing wellness and prevention that helps the body heal itself. The family-owned and -operated clinic received Integrity Management’s Five Star Quality Service Award in 2012, recognizing its long record of patient treatment, customer service and professionalism. Foti Chiropractic can be found online on Facebook or at www.fotichiropractic.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- LearningRx Tips for a Successful Parent-Teacher Conference
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Advise That Details Make the Difference in Interior Design
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop & Metcalfe's Market
- Hart Park Square Art Guild
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Diabetes and oral health in Milwaukee’s Mexican-American community
- Retzer Nature Center’s Annual Spring Sale Plant Pre-Orders due March 6th
- Connor Remodeling & Design Wins Three WRA Golds for Second Consecutive Year
- VFW Fundraiser in New Berlin