“Refashion for Life,” the fashion show combining the newest in clothing with fashionable products for the home, will feature an assortment of fall and winter fashions, plus a variety of home improvement and remodeling products.
The seventh annual charity event, Wed., Aug. 20, from 5:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. at Callen Construction’s Muskego Showroom and company grounds, S63 W13131 Janesville Rd., benefits CommonGround Ministry/Elena’s House. The fashion show, featuring clothing from Barcelona Artful Living, Fashion Farmboy, J. Hilburn, Lela, Urban Laundry, and YouphoriClothing will depict the following themes:
• Artistic Interpretation: reinterpret classic styles
• Classic Colorations: unusual uses of color
• Clever Combinations: different elements that don’t seem to fit together but do
• Evening Motivation: evening wear with an upscale look
Bjorn Nasett, fashion and style writer and the creator of Fashion Farmboy, will coordinate the fashion show and serve as the emcee. In addition to the latest in fall and winter fashion, countertops, cabinetry, windows, plumbing and light fixtures, flooring, and hardware will also make their way down the runway.
Refashion for Life will also include a voice and silent auction comprised of a wide assortment of items, Saz’s Catering will provide small plate appetizers and desserts, and there will be music by Mr. Lucky Light.
There will also be cooking demonstrations in the Callen showroom featuring Thermador Appliances sponsored by Grand Appliance and TV, as well as a dance showcase in the showroom and on the runway stage by Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Greenfield professionals.
Tickets are $40 and are on sale at www.refashionforlife.com. All proceeds support the programs offered by CommonGround Ministry/Elena’s House in Wauwatosa, which provides physical, spiritual, and emotional support to people infected with and affected by HIV/AIDS. Elena’s House, offering a holistic ministry that is both personal and communal, is a home for four to five people that wish to reside in a safe and supportive living environment. CommonGround Ministry is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization funded through the contributions of individuals, organizations, and foundations.
For more information, visit www.refashionforlife.com, call 414-529-5509, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids
- Charity car wash to raise money for Mental health
- Community leaders celebrate 40 years of MACC Fund
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- Wauwatosa West students, teacher recognized for Stock Market Game Challenge
- Wauwatosa West High School Students Win National Financial Competition Again!