On Saturday, August 9th, 2014, the 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida promises to showcase many individuals and families who truly are “Stronger Together.” Over 500 people will proudly participate in the 2mile, 5k and 10k events that wind through the beautiful Menomonee River Parkway and Oak Leaf Trail in Milwaukee and Wauwatosa.
Several local athletes representing The Ability Center and Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Associations will be competing in the handcycle and racing chair divisions for the 5k and 10k. One of them is Melanie Watson from Oconomowoc, who has Spina Bifida. She will be competing in her first 10k in the race chair division. Many families and volunteers have been attending this event for over 20 years and love to show their spirit in the 2 mile walk/wheelchair.
For runners, the fast course has been certified by USA Track and Field and will be chip timed. Staggered start times, along with support from the Wauwatosa and Milwaukee Police Departments and volunteers, ensures a great racing experience for all.
Spina Bifida Wisconsin, Ltd. (SBWIS) is grateful to the many loyal sponsors who make this event possible, such as Dominiczak Therapy Associates, LLC and Children’s Hospital of WI. SBWIS provides resources and support to individuals throughout the state with, or affected by, Spina Bifida.
Please go to http://www.firstgiving.com/sbwis/21st-annual-sprint-for-spina-bifida, or call, 414-607-9061, for more details or registration information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Why You Should Care About National Consumer Protection Week
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Alverno Presents Joe Westerlund’s Grandma Sparrow & His Piddletractor Orchestra
- Blarney Run/Walk returns to Hoyt Park March 14
- Science Café series to be held at Milwaukee Public Library
- Local Residents Participate in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Hoopla at the Library
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!