SUPA-Lake Michigan is excited to announce that www.lakemichigan.boatshed.com will be sponsoring the support boat for the 2014 SUPA endurance challenge. Owner of Boatshed Lake Michigan, John Udvare will be captaining the 32 foot schooner as Kelly Fitzpatrick and Jesse Hieb stand up paddle board from Milwaukee, WI to Muskegon, MI (if successful they will be the first female and male to do the whole distance across Lake Michigan).
John Udvare has been a long time sailing enthusiast. Prior to being the owner of www.lakemichigan.boatshed.com/ John worked in the financial world as the CEO of a credit union. John was the captain of the support boat for a canoe trip across Lake Michigan a few years prior. John knows the paddlers through REI in Brookfield, WI where they all tend to hang out.
At this time the plan for a support crew is to have one strong swimmer/lifeguard for each paddler, a wilderness medic, a Captain (John Udvare), and a co-captain. The crew will go through a series of team building and safety exercises to ensure all protocol is understood and followed in the event of an emergency. SUPA co-founder Jesse Hieb states "We aren't looking to get our selves killed, just looking to push ourselves beyond anything we could ever imagine and asking God to get us to the other side. In the meantime we know better than to go out there without a stellar support crew. Having John Udvare lead that crew is a huge blessing and we are over joyed to have his support."
A tentative date has been set of August 13, 2014 for this event.
If you or some one you know is interested in becoming a sponsor for this event please contact Jesse and Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can follow Kelly and Jesse by going to the SUPA website at www.supa-lakemichigan.com or follow them on Facebook and Twitter (@SUPA_LM and @).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- De-clutter your home and recycle your books!
- Tosa's All-City Read Welcomes You to First Week Activities
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- “Grillologists,” Lambeau Leap Inventor, and Local Experts on Food to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT FOR CIGARMKE'S FEBRUARY EVENT
- Mardi Gras Big Band Dinner Dance
- Milwaukee German Immersion School Students become JA BizTown Citizens
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- National Memorabilia Appraiser & Local Home & Gardening Experts to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7