SUPA-Lake Michigan is excited to announce that www.lakemichigan.boatshed.com will be sponsoring the support boat for the 2014 SUPA endurance challenge. Owner of Boatshed Lake Michigan, John Udvare will be captaining the 32 foot schooner as Kelly Fitzpatrick and Jesse Hieb stand up paddle board from Milwaukee, WI to Muskegon, MI (if successful they will be the first female and male to do the whole distance across Lake Michigan).
John Udvare has been a long time sailing enthusiast. Prior to being the owner of www.lakemichigan.boatshed.com/ John worked in the financial world as the CEO of a credit union. John was the captain of the support boat for a canoe trip across Lake Michigan a few years prior. John knows the paddlers through REI in Brookfield, WI where they all tend to hang out.
At this time the plan for a support crew is to have one strong swimmer/lifeguard for each paddler, a wilderness medic, a Captain (John Udvare), and a co-captain. The crew will go through a series of team building and safety exercises to ensure all protocol is understood and followed in the event of an emergency. SUPA co-founder Jesse Hieb states "We aren't looking to get our selves killed, just looking to push ourselves beyond anything we could ever imagine and asking God to get us to the other side. In the meantime we know better than to go out there without a stellar support crew. Having John Udvare lead that crew is a huge blessing and we are over joyed to have his support."
A tentative date has been set of August 13, 2014 for this event.
If you or some one you know is interested in becoming a sponsor for this event please contact Jesse and Kelly at email@example.com.
You can follow Kelly and Jesse by going to the SUPA website at www.supa-lakemichigan.com or follow them on Facebook and Twitter (@SUPA_LM and @).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- College seeking third-party comments for HLC accreditation
- You are invited to Esprit Poms' Pizzeria Piccola fundraiser - December 28th, 2014, 4-9pm
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS