On Tuesday, June 17 Playworks Wisconsin hosted its 3rd Annual Corporate Kickball tournament at Brown Deer Park. This event raised nearly $20,000 to support Playworks programming at 16 schools through-out Milwaukee this fall. At these schools, more than 8,000 elementary students will have access to increased opportunities for physical activities and safe, meaningful play. Playworks recognizes that play creates valuable opportunities for children to grow cognitively, physically, emotionally and socially and encourages the community to support its mission to improve the health and well-being of our community's youth through participation in this event. Corporations that joined us for an afternoon of kickball, music and lots of high-fives included: Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Anytime Fitness, Baird, vonBreisen & Roper, BMO Harris Bank, CompuCom, Northwestern Mutual and General Mills. A special thanks to MillerCoors MUSA Sports and the Wicked Hop for their support. For more information on the event, contact Katy Glodosky at email@example.com or 414-220-4301. To see more fun form the event, check out our Corporate Kickball album at http://goo.gl/0usk3H.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park