On Tuesday, June 17 Playworks Wisconsin hosted its 3rd Annual Corporate Kickball tournament at Brown Deer Park. This event raised nearly $20,000 to support Playworks programming at 16 schools through-out Milwaukee this fall. At these schools, more than 8,000 elementary students will have access to increased opportunities for physical activities and safe, meaningful play. Playworks recognizes that play creates valuable opportunities for children to grow cognitively, physically, emotionally and socially and encourages the community to support its mission to improve the health and well-being of our community's youth through participation in this event. Corporations that joined us for an afternoon of kickball, music and lots of high-fives included: Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Anytime Fitness, Baird, vonBreisen & Roper, BMO Harris Bank, CompuCom, Northwestern Mutual and General Mills. A special thanks to MillerCoors MUSA Sports and the Wicked Hop for their support. For more information on the event, contact Katy Glodosky at email@example.com or 414-220-4301. To see more fun form the event, check out our Corporate Kickball album at http://goo.gl/0usk3H.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Free Financial Wellness Classes!
- Wauwatosa Night at the Milwaukee Bucks
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee Kicks Off Click For Kids Online Toy Drive
- Wheaton Franciscan – Midwest Spine and Orthopedic Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus Emergency Department Receives 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Achieving 95th Percentile in Patient Experience
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation