On Tuesday, June 17 Playworks Wisconsin hosted its 3rd Annual Corporate Kickball tournament at Brown Deer Park. This event raised nearly $20,000 to support Playworks programming at 16 schools through-out Milwaukee this fall. At these schools, more than 8,000 elementary students will have access to increased opportunities for physical activities and safe, meaningful play. Playworks recognizes that play creates valuable opportunities for children to grow cognitively, physically, emotionally and socially and encourages the community to support its mission to improve the health and well-being of our community's youth through participation in this event. Corporations that joined us for an afternoon of kickball, music and lots of high-fives included: Children's Hospital of Wisconsin, Anytime Fitness, Baird, vonBreisen & Roper, BMO Harris Bank, CompuCom, Northwestern Mutual and General Mills. A special thanks to MillerCoors MUSA Sports and the Wicked Hop for their support. For more information on the event, contact Katy Glodosky at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-220-4301. To see more fun form the event, check out our Corporate Kickball album at http://goo.gl/0usk3H.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Rock For Locks Benefit / Morgan's Ride For Alopecia
- Soothe your soul in Door County, WI - Blissfull yoga retreat with Soul On Yoga
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business