Continuing its commitment to provide care closer to home for the children and families it serves, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin held a kids’ handprint ceremony at its Delafield Clinic, scheduled to open in late 2014.
Children and adolescents from the Waukesha area who are patients of Children’s Hospital donned hard hats and placed handprints in cement that will be permanently installed outside the new clinic. Joining the children at the ceremony were Peggy Troy, CEO, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin; Tom Sato, MD, CEO, Children’s Specialty Group, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin; Delafield Mayor Michele DeYoe and Ryan Marks, Managing Director, Ryan Companies.
This clinic will provide asthma/allergy; cardiology; dermatology; ear, nose and throat; gastroenterology; orthopedics; speech and audiology and urology specialty care; primary care; imaging, and physical and occupational therapy for children and adolescents. There also will be a lab and pharmacy.
“We’re particularly excited of the sports medicine services we will be offering here,” said Dr. Sato. “The building will feature a two-story gym for young athletes who are trying to get back on the field or court – as well as a hydrotherapy pool for additional physical and sports medicine therapies. “
Initial improvements to the 5.1-acre site, located at 3195 Hillside Drive in Delafield, began in April and construction on the two-story, 30,000-square-foot building will occur over the summer. This new facility is being developed and constructed by the Great Lakes Region of Ryan Companies US, Inc.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde