Continuing its commitment to provide care closer to home for the children and families it serves, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin held a kids’ handprint ceremony at its Delafield Clinic, scheduled to open in late 2014.
Children and adolescents from the Waukesha area who are patients of Children’s Hospital donned hard hats and placed handprints in cement that will be permanently installed outside the new clinic. Joining the children at the ceremony were Peggy Troy, CEO, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin; Tom Sato, MD, CEO, Children’s Specialty Group, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin; Delafield Mayor Michele DeYoe and Ryan Marks, Managing Director, Ryan Companies.
This clinic will provide asthma/allergy; cardiology; dermatology; ear, nose and throat; gastroenterology; orthopedics; speech and audiology and urology specialty care; primary care; imaging, and physical and occupational therapy for children and adolescents. There also will be a lab and pharmacy.
“We’re particularly excited of the sports medicine services we will be offering here,” said Dr. Sato. “The building will feature a two-story gym for young athletes who are trying to get back on the field or court – as well as a hydrotherapy pool for additional physical and sports medicine therapies. “
Initial improvements to the 5.1-acre site, located at 3195 Hillside Drive in Delafield, began in April and construction on the two-story, 30,000-square-foot building will occur over the summer. This new facility is being developed and constructed by the Great Lakes Region of Ryan Companies US, Inc.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation
- MCW researchers discover ancient cellular mutation leading to multi-celled organisms
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland