Continuing its commitment to provide care closer to home for the children and families it serves, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin held a kids’ handprint ceremony at its Delafield Clinic, scheduled to open in late 2014.
Children and adolescents from the Waukesha area who are patients of Children’s Hospital donned hard hats and placed handprints in cement that will be permanently installed outside the new clinic. Joining the children at the ceremony were Peggy Troy, CEO, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin; Tom Sato, MD, CEO, Children’s Specialty Group, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin; Delafield Mayor Michele DeYoe and Ryan Marks, Managing Director, Ryan Companies.
This clinic will provide asthma/allergy; cardiology; dermatology; ear, nose and throat; gastroenterology; orthopedics; speech and audiology and urology specialty care; primary care; imaging, and physical and occupational therapy for children and adolescents. There also will be a lab and pharmacy.
“We’re particularly excited of the sports medicine services we will be offering here,” said Dr. Sato. “The building will feature a two-story gym for young athletes who are trying to get back on the field or court – as well as a hydrotherapy pool for additional physical and sports medicine therapies. “
Initial improvements to the 5.1-acre site, located at 3195 Hillside Drive in Delafield, began in April and construction on the two-story, 30,000-square-foot building will occur over the summer. This new facility is being developed and constructed by the Great Lakes Region of Ryan Companies US, Inc.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder