Continuing its commitment to provide care closer to home for the children and families it serves, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin held a kids’ handprint ceremony at its Delafield Clinic, scheduled to open in late 2014.
Children and adolescents from the Waukesha area who are patients of Children’s Hospital donned hard hats and placed handprints in cement that will be permanently installed outside the new clinic. Joining the children at the ceremony were Peggy Troy, CEO, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin; Tom Sato, MD, CEO, Children’s Specialty Group, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin; Delafield Mayor Michele DeYoe and Ryan Marks, Managing Director, Ryan Companies.
This clinic will provide asthma/allergy; cardiology; dermatology; ear, nose and throat; gastroenterology; orthopedics; speech and audiology and urology specialty care; primary care; imaging, and physical and occupational therapy for children and adolescents. There also will be a lab and pharmacy.
“We’re particularly excited of the sports medicine services we will be offering here,” said Dr. Sato. “The building will feature a two-story gym for young athletes who are trying to get back on the field or court – as well as a hydrotherapy pool for additional physical and sports medicine therapies. “
Initial improvements to the 5.1-acre site, located at 3195 Hillside Drive in Delafield, began in April and construction on the two-story, 30,000-square-foot building will occur over the summer. This new facility is being developed and constructed by the Great Lakes Region of Ryan Companies US, Inc.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends...An Evening for Adults
- Researchers discover new gene responsible for traits involved in diabetes
- Locally Owned MOZZALUNA PIZZERIA & RISTORANTE is doing a Free Pizza Give Away on 9/25/14
- Treating post-traumatic stress disorder
- Operation Forward March to Benefit Wounded Warrior Project
- Callen Debuts Updated Website
- Nain Lutheran Church Celebrates 100th Anniversary
- “Get Your Rear in Gear” run/walk for colon cancer prevention and research
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014