WAUWATOSA, Wis., June 20, 2014—The Lutheran Home Foundation recently appointed Wayne Wiertzema and Matthew Burow to the board of directors.
“The Lutheran Home Foundation is blessed to have Wayne and Matt join our mission,” said Lutheran Home Foundation Executive Director Heidi Mayer. “Matt offers a youthful perspective with a tenured background. While Wayne has strong personal ties coupled with a focus on superior customer experience. Both individuals are high-profile leaders in the community, bringing with them aptitudes and knowledge we desire in our mission.”
Burow is President of Catalyst Construction. He started the company in 2004, focusing on medical and commercial office, retail, religious and education facilities. Burow, named a 2014 Milwaukee Business Journal 40 Under 40, is expected to bring extensive project management skills to the Lutheran Home Foundation board.
“With my company’s focus on religious congregations and schools, it was a natural fit to become part of the Lutheran Home Foundation Board,” Burow said. “I look forward to bringing my industry expertise and fresh ideas to the table.”
Wiertzema is President of Wangard, a multi-faceted real estate development and investment company involved in retail, office, industrial and multi-family housing.
Wiertzema has a deep-rooted history with the Lutheran Home. Wiertzema’s grandfather, Rev. Dr. William T. Eggers, was Chaplain, Administrator and then Executive Vice President of the Lutheran Home (then called the Home for Aged Lutherans) during 1950’s –1980’s.
“I look forward to continuing my family’s legacy of service,” Wiertzema said. I am committed to helping the Lutheran Home continue to provide exceptional care to the older adults who have helped shape our community.”
About The Lutheran Home Foundation
Lutheran Home provides rehabilitation services, skilled nursing, specialized memory care assisted living, adult day services and child care. Harwood Place provides assisted living and upscale retirement living. The Lutheran Home Foundation works to grow awareness and financial support for the needs of older adults in our care.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chiropractic care resolves GERD
- The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic Takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- ESPRIT Poms & Dance Team Will Perform in DISNEY in 2015
- Wisconsin Lutheran College announces plans for parking structure
- College announces plans for parking structure
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Support Milwaukee Mayor’s Walking Challenge
- Timely diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges Rogers InHealth unveils new social media resources to help