WAUWATOSA, Wis., June 20, 2014—The Lutheran Home Foundation recently appointed Wayne Wiertzema and Matthew Burow to the board of directors.
“The Lutheran Home Foundation is blessed to have Wayne and Matt join our mission,” said Lutheran Home Foundation Executive Director Heidi Mayer. “Matt offers a youthful perspective with a tenured background. While Wayne has strong personal ties coupled with a focus on superior customer experience. Both individuals are high-profile leaders in the community, bringing with them aptitudes and knowledge we desire in our mission.”
Burow is President of Catalyst Construction. He started the company in 2004, focusing on medical and commercial office, retail, religious and education facilities. Burow, named a 2014 Milwaukee Business Journal 40 Under 40, is expected to bring extensive project management skills to the Lutheran Home Foundation board.
“With my company’s focus on religious congregations and schools, it was a natural fit to become part of the Lutheran Home Foundation Board,” Burow said. “I look forward to bringing my industry expertise and fresh ideas to the table.”
Wiertzema is President of Wangard, a multi-faceted real estate development and investment company involved in retail, office, industrial and multi-family housing.
Wiertzema has a deep-rooted history with the Lutheran Home. Wiertzema’s grandfather, Rev. Dr. William T. Eggers, was Chaplain, Administrator and then Executive Vice President of the Lutheran Home (then called the Home for Aged Lutherans) during 1950’s –1980’s.
“I look forward to continuing my family’s legacy of service,” Wiertzema said. I am committed to helping the Lutheran Home continue to provide exceptional care to the older adults who have helped shape our community.”
About The Lutheran Home Foundation
Lutheran Home provides rehabilitation services, skilled nursing, specialized memory care assisted living, adult day services and child care. Harwood Place provides assisted living and upscale retirement living. The Lutheran Home Foundation works to grow awareness and financial support for the needs of older adults in our care.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Blarney Run/Walk returns to Hoyt Park March 14
- Science Café series to be held at Milwaukee Public Library
- Local Residents Participate in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Hoopla at the Library
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series