On July 1, Christian Lie will become CEO of Diversified Insurance Solutions, one of Wisconsin’s largest full-service insurance brokerage firms.
Lie, who has nearly 40 years of insurance and risk management services experience, joined Diversified in 2011 as president of the risk services group. For the past four years, he has led the company’s risk management, commercial property and casualty, and personal lines. Prior to Diversified, he was president and CEO of Johnson Insurance in Racine.
Lie began his career in 1975 and in 1983 purchased his father’s independent insurance agency. Over the years, he built and grew the business and in 2000 executed its sale to Johnson Financial Group.
“I’m pleased to be handing over the CEO position to Chris,” says Robert Sowinski, current CEO of Diversified Insurance Solutions. “Chris is a proven leader who has a vision for growth that is perfect for our clients and the company.”
According to Sowinski, a succession plan has been in place for a number of years.
Lie is past president of the Wisconsin Insurance Agents Association, a member of the Council of Agents and Insurance Brokers and has served on numerous insurance carriers’ advisory boards.
While Sowinski is stepping down from the CEO position, he will continue with Diversified as vice-chairman in a part-time capacity. In that role, he will manage special projects, identify new business opportunities and continue to be a shareholder.
Sowinski joined Diversified Insurance Solutions as president in 2001 and later became CEO. During his career, he has led a number of businesses, including Eyecare One Corp., which he co-founded in 1979 with Marty Stein. Sowinski was president and CEO of Eyecare One for 19 years.
“Bob has successfully guided Diversified through many changes during the past 13 years,” says James McCormack, co-founder and chairman of Diversified Insurance Solutions. “Thanks to Bob, Chris is taking over a company that’s well positioned for the future. I’m confident we’ll continue to grow and thrive under Chris’ strong leadership.”
McCormack, who co-founded the company in 1982 with Skip Hansen, will continue as chairman of the board.
Diversified Insurance Solutions provides employee benefits, risk management and business insurance to area companies and is one of Wisconsin's largest, full-service insurance brokers. For more information, visit www.div-ins.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Youth Commission helps Kyle's Corners
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th