On July 1, Christian Lie will become CEO of Diversified Insurance Solutions, one of Wisconsin’s largest full-service insurance brokerage firms.
Lie, who has nearly 40 years of insurance and risk management services experience, joined Diversified in 2011 as president of the risk services group. For the past four years, he has led the company’s risk management, commercial property and casualty, and personal lines. Prior to Diversified, he was president and CEO of Johnson Insurance in Racine.
Lie began his career in 1975 and in 1983 purchased his father’s independent insurance agency. Over the years, he built and grew the business and in 2000 executed its sale to Johnson Financial Group.
“I’m pleased to be handing over the CEO position to Chris,” says Robert Sowinski, current CEO of Diversified Insurance Solutions. “Chris is a proven leader who has a vision for growth that is perfect for our clients and the company.”
According to Sowinski, a succession plan has been in place for a number of years.
Lie is past president of the Wisconsin Insurance Agents Association, a member of the Council of Agents and Insurance Brokers and has served on numerous insurance carriers’ advisory boards.
While Sowinski is stepping down from the CEO position, he will continue with Diversified as vice-chairman in a part-time capacity. In that role, he will manage special projects, identify new business opportunities and continue to be a shareholder.
Sowinski joined Diversified Insurance Solutions as president in 2001 and later became CEO. During his career, he has led a number of businesses, including Eyecare One Corp., which he co-founded in 1979 with Marty Stein. Sowinski was president and CEO of Eyecare One for 19 years.
“Bob has successfully guided Diversified through many changes during the past 13 years,” says James McCormack, co-founder and chairman of Diversified Insurance Solutions. “Thanks to Bob, Chris is taking over a company that’s well positioned for the future. I’m confident we’ll continue to grow and thrive under Chris’ strong leadership.”
McCormack, who co-founded the company in 1982 with Skip Hansen, will continue as chairman of the board.
Diversified Insurance Solutions provides employee benefits, risk management and business insurance to area companies and is one of Wisconsin's largest, full-service insurance brokers. For more information, visit www.div-ins.com.
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids
- Charity car wash to raise money for Mental health
- Community leaders celebrate 40 years of MACC Fund
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- Wauwatosa West students, teacher recognized for Stock Market Game Challenge
- Wauwatosa West High School Students Win National Financial Competition Again!