Community of Antiques II: Antique Tour to Amish Country with UW-Waukesha Continuing Education
UW-Waukesha is excited to combine education and travel with Certified Antiques Appraiser, Barbara J. Eash. On July 31st-August 2nd we venture into the Amish countryside of Shipshewana, Indiana. Pack your bags and treat yourself to the most pleasant mini-vacation you'll ever have!
Our journey starts at UW-Waukesha campus with an appraisal class that begins our education experience into the world of antiques. Stops are at Trading Place Antique Mall, The Quilt Gardens...along Heritage Trail and lodging at Blue Gate Inn, Shipshewana. We will be treated to Little Women at a dinner theater and Amish Acres Art and Craft Festival just may be your favorite stop on this three day trip. It has 300 vendors from 30 states with continuous entertainment on four stages! Yoder Department Store is a must see and let’s not forget fabulous Amish cooking. Before we board the coach to start home we will stop at an unbelievable Amish bulk-foods store.
Please visit our website for more trip details and to view the itinerary for this educational excursion. You’ll find that Indiana has something for every antiques enthusiast; especially those who like to linger and reminisce about yesteryear while hunting collectibles in America's Heartland.
For more information on this UW-Waukesha Continuing Education domestic trip, please visit www.waukesha.uwc.edu/continuing-ed/travel or call 262-521-5460.
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo