Community of Antiques II: Antique Tour to Amish Country with UW-Waukesha Continuing Education
UW-Waukesha is excited to combine education and travel with Certified Antiques Appraiser, Barbara J. Eash. On July 31st-August 2nd we venture into the Amish countryside of Shipshewana, Indiana. Pack your bags and treat yourself to the most pleasant mini-vacation you'll ever have!
Our journey starts at UW-Waukesha campus with an appraisal class that begins our education experience into the world of antiques. Stops are at Trading Place Antique Mall, The Quilt Gardens...along Heritage Trail and lodging at Blue Gate Inn, Shipshewana. We will be treated to Little Women at a dinner theater and Amish Acres Art and Craft Festival just may be your favorite stop on this three day trip. It has 300 vendors from 30 states with continuous entertainment on four stages! Yoder Department Store is a must see and let’s not forget fabulous Amish cooking. Before we board the coach to start home we will stop at an unbelievable Amish bulk-foods store.
Please visit our website for more trip details and to view the itinerary for this educational excursion. You’ll find that Indiana has something for every antiques enthusiast; especially those who like to linger and reminisce about yesteryear while hunting collectibles in America's Heartland.
For more information on this UW-Waukesha Continuing Education domestic trip, please visit www.waukesha.uwc.edu/continuing-ed/travel or call 262-521-5460.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB to Hold Free Fall Shredding Events
- Travel Around the World at the 71st Annual Holiday Folk Fair International
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center's Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- St. Robert School Annual Rummage Sale October 3 and 4
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- HMGC designated to run Undiagnosed Disease Network sequencing center
- New parking lot kicks off $1 million in WAUMC capital improvements