Curbside service is never a bad thing when you’re covering a lot of ground on a shopping trip. Thursday afternoon June 19 from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. in New Berlin, you can take advantage of free trolley rides while you shop at several retailers and businesses for the fourth annual “Denim & Diamonds” fundraiser benefiting the Wisconsin Ovarian Cancer Alliance (WOCA).
Guests can park at any of the participating businesses along West National Avenue and South Mooreland Road and take the trolleys as they run every 30 to 45 minutes until the event wraps up at 9 p.m.
For a list of retailers taking part, here is a link in the calendar section of the WOCA website: http://www.wisconsinovariancancer.org/upcoming-events-list/
Look for the registration table outside each business where you can enter for a chance to win prizes, and receive coupons. At each stop, guests can enjoy food and beverages, music, special discounts and services, along with activities for the family.
The idea for the fundraiser came together when several women in the New Berlin business community all realized they had each been affected by ovarian cancer, either directly or through a loved one. Various retailers then decided to reach out to WOCA and give all of the proceeds toward fighting ovarian cancer.
“WOCA is so grateful to the women business owners in New Berlin who started this event to draw attention to ovarian cancer,” said Sandi Wagner, Executive Director of WOCA.
To learn more about the event, visit: http://www.denimanddiamonds.org/
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study