Curbside service is never a bad thing when you’re covering a lot of ground on a shopping trip. Thursday afternoon June 19 from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. in New Berlin, you can take advantage of free trolley rides while you shop at several retailers and businesses for the fourth annual “Denim & Diamonds” fundraiser benefiting the Wisconsin Ovarian Cancer Alliance (WOCA).
Guests can park at any of the participating businesses along West National Avenue and South Mooreland Road and take the trolleys as they run every 30 to 45 minutes until the event wraps up at 9 p.m.
For a list of retailers taking part, here is a link in the calendar section of the WOCA website: http://www.wisconsinovariancancer.org/upcoming-events-list/
Look for the registration table outside each business where you can enter for a chance to win prizes, and receive coupons. At each stop, guests can enjoy food and beverages, music, special discounts and services, along with activities for the family.
The idea for the fundraiser came together when several women in the New Berlin business community all realized they had each been affected by ovarian cancer, either directly or through a loved one. Various retailers then decided to reach out to WOCA and give all of the proceeds toward fighting ovarian cancer.
“WOCA is so grateful to the women business owners in New Berlin who started this event to draw attention to ovarian cancer,” said Sandi Wagner, Executive Director of WOCA.
To learn more about the event, visit: http://www.denimanddiamonds.org/
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW scientist to study novel regulatory mechanisms for a gene involved in vascular anomalies
- How to Make Sure Your Child Succeeds in School this Year (1)
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning