The Milwaukee area is getting a free new music festival and a local non-profit is hoping to expand its “friend-raising” audience when Rock the Park comes to Wauwatosa’s Hart Park on Saturday, June 28. The event is organized by Horizon Home Care & Hospice, the state’s second largest full service home care agency and hospice providers.
“While many people might associate us with aging, illness and even death, our services are intended to support living a full life, enjoying the present moment and making lasting memories with family and friends,” says Katy Corey, Horizon’s Development Director. “We care for many people and no one ever says they wish they had worked more. With a day of free music and so much more, we’re celebrating life and all that it offers.”
Rock the Park will feature bands including Parallel, Mahogany Soul, Spanglemaker and Almighty Vinyl. There will also be DJs, acoustic sets, yoga, and a performance by Kids from Wisconsin. A full array of local food trucks and cold beverages will be on hand, as well. With the first-time event set for the first Saturday of Summerfest, Corey hopes people will enjoy Rock the Park as an alternative to the Big Gig or a stopping point on the way to or from the lakefront.
“We’re offering a great option for those looking to avoid crowds and long lines of Summerfest while still enjoying great music, food and fun,” she says. “At the same time, we’ll have an opportunity to remind attendees of how Horizon serves as an important community resource providing home, care and comfort for families and people facing serious illness or end of life.”
Admission to Rock the Park is free. Proceeds from raffle and vendor sales will help support Horizon Home Care & Hospice. For a full event schedule and other Rock the Park details, visit www.horizonhch.com/about-horizon/rock-park.
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- Civic Band Plays Free Concert Sunday
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair