St. Matthew's Lutheran Church, 1615 Wauwatosa Ave. is collecting books for the Milwaukee organization called "Milwaukee Working" which gives formerly unemployed men jobs through books collected. Newer books are listed on Amazon for sale. Older books are recycled for profit. On Saturday, June 14 from 8:30-3:30 p.m. there will be a truck in the St. Matt's parking lot, west side of the building, to accept your donations of books. Also collected are CDs, DVDs, and even scratched CDs/DVDs without cases. Children's toys in good condition also accepted. Donation receipts for tax purposes are available. Questions can be directed to 414-774-0441.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park