Several members of the Tosa Fire Department teamed up with Santana Dotson to raise money this past weekend for the Backpack Coalition. The firefighters entered the Santana Dotson Celebrity Kickball Tourney expecting to just play kickball, but contributed even more than their entry fee.
Santana Dotson & Gilbert Brown, former Green Bay Packers, were in Wales, Wisconsin to raise money for backpacks and collect school supplies for disadvantaged kids. Gilbert Brown was also raising awareness for his anti-bullying campaign.
The firefighters took the field and were surprised when several female members of opposing teams began donating money for the men to play shirtless. Being good sports, the men obliged by removing their shirts for a game and raised an additional $351 in donations for the Backpack Coalition.
While the firefighters were not the winners on the field, they were winners with the Tourney and the Santana Dotson Foundation presented Lori Hayes, chair of the Waukesha Backpack Coalition, with a check for $4000 along with the school supplies.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Player designs new logo for youth fastpitch league
- Summer School Program Comes Home to the Milwaukee Irish Fest Center
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Ten Wisconsin High School Seniors Win BBB Foundation’s “Student of Integrity” Scholarship
- Early Registration for Walk, Run, Wag for MADACC Ends May 1
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Go Green, Gold and Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Milwaukee/NARI Says April Showers Don’t Have to Bring Foundation Leaks
- Parade Applications Now Available