Several members of the Tosa Fire Department teamed up with Santana Dotson to raise money this past weekend for the Backpack Coalition. The firefighters entered the Santana Dotson Celebrity Kickball Tourney expecting to just play kickball, but contributed even more than their entry fee.
Santana Dotson & Gilbert Brown, former Green Bay Packers, were in Wales, Wisconsin to raise money for backpacks and collect school supplies for disadvantaged kids. Gilbert Brown was also raising awareness for his anti-bullying campaign.
The firefighters took the field and were surprised when several female members of opposing teams began donating money for the men to play shirtless. Being good sports, the men obliged by removing their shirts for a game and raised an additional $351 in donations for the Backpack Coalition.
While the firefighters were not the winners on the field, they were winners with the Tourney and the Santana Dotson Foundation presented Lori Hayes, chair of the Waukesha Backpack Coalition, with a check for $4000 along with the school supplies.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder