A local scholarship winner, Joshua Kramer, a Waukesha resident and Marquette High School senior, is one of eight recipients of The Better Business Bureau of Wisconsin Foundation's "Student of Integrity" scholarship.
The Student of Integrity Scholarship is intended to give high school seniors who have demonstrated character, leadership, and ethical values the opportunity to continue his or her education beyond high school at an accredited college. It is sponsored by the BBB Wisconsin Foundation and ethical Wisconsin companies.
Josh will receive a $2,500 scholarship to attend an accredited college of his choice.
The students (eight winners in all) were chosen out of approximately 600 applicants. To earn the scholarship, students must be a high school senior with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 – among other requirements. They’re requested to write a short essay describing how they build character in themselves and in others, and how they will build character in the future. The essay is critical and must emphasize overcoming obstacles and demonstrating ethical leadership at a young age. Community involvement, volunteer activities, awards and honors, are all considered by a panel of 10 judges.
“Choosing the final eight candidates was exceptionally difficult, since we received a record number of applications this year”, said Ran Hoth, BBB Serving Wisconsin CEO and President. “There were so many impressive students, making it a challenge to choose just eight. All of the scholarship winners should be proud. They are exceptional students with bright futures and they are all on the path of becoming vigorous, ethical leaders.”
The 2014 scholarships are sponsored matching grants from BBB of Wisconsin Foundation, Baird, Briggs & Stratton, Dave Jones, Inc., and Jericho Resources, Inc.
For more information or further inquiries, and to contribute to our 2015 scholarship, please contact the BBB Serving Wisconsin athttp://www.bbb.org/wisconsin/scholarship/ or 414-847-6000.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder