At the "T" junction of Main St and Grand Ave in Menomonee Falls Downtown District a massive facade renovation is taking place on the historic Klondike Saloon also known as the Central Hotel which is now the home of Purloin Studio, Art Gallery, Coffeehouse and Collectible Bookshop.
The original 2 story gable roofed building, built in the 1800's was picked up and moved farther back on the lot and a larger 2 story building was attached. Brayton Management, the owner of the building, is in the process of restoring the facade and adding a raised front deck for seating. Upon the removal of several layers of siding the decorative peak was exposed. The embellishments were no longer there, but the layout was visible, the owner plans to replicate these details.
Purloin Studio is open during most of renovation. Hours are:
Coffeehouse: Tues-Fri 7am to 2pm/Sat: 9am-3pm
Gallery: Tue-Fri 10am to 5pm/Sat: 10am to 4pm
For more information call: 262-255-9090
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How light therapy heals wounds
- Holiday Happenings on Vliet Street!!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- Local Businesses in Three Communities Band Together to Fight Hunger, Support New Berlin Food Pantry
- Our TreASures … Our Heart
- Cardiovascular and cancer researcher elected Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Mini Book Sale December 8th
- Parenting: Love and Logic