At the "T" junction of Main St and Grand Ave in Menomonee Falls Downtown District a massive facade renovation is taking place on the historic Klondike Saloon also known as the Central Hotel which is now the home of Purloin Studio, Art Gallery, Coffeehouse and Collectible Bookshop.
The original 2 story gable roofed building, built in the 1800's was picked up and moved farther back on the lot and a larger 2 story building was attached. Brayton Management, the owner of the building, is in the process of restoring the facade and adding a raised front deck for seating. Upon the removal of several layers of siding the decorative peak was exposed. The embellishments were no longer there, but the layout was visible, the owner plans to replicate these details.
Purloin Studio is open during most of renovation. Hours are:
Coffeehouse: Tues-Fri 7am to 2pm/Sat: 9am-3pm
Gallery: Tue-Fri 10am to 5pm/Sat: 10am to 4pm
For more information call: 262-255-9090
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Rookie Cigar Smoker: Here’s How NOT to Look Like One
- Journey with Jesus, Easter for Kids
- The Woodworker's Gym, a Public-access Woodworking Shop Open in Brookfield
- Elder Eric Scott Dougherty Returns Home
- Paul Mitchell the School Milwaukee Takes Part in National Open House Night
- Alverno Presents Okwui Okpokwasili: Bronx Gothic
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager