The Elmbrook Rotary Club will hold its 27th annual Spikes for Tykes fundraiser this Saturday, May 31st at Mitchell Park in Brookfield. The event starts in the morning at 9:00 am and runs through mid-afternoon.
Spikes for Tykes is a fun-filled day of volleyball games with play that’s strictly recreational with sponsored teams playing against each other that are mostly coed. Participants include students from areas schools, employees and co-workers of sponsors, as well as friends and family members of Elmbrook Rotarians. Grilled food, snacks and beverages are available along with raffle prizes and everyone who plays gets Spikes for Tykes long sleeve T-shirt!
Amounts raised at Spikes have benefitted a variety of charitable causes including The Waukesha Women’s Center, The Sharon Lynne Wilson Center and Literacy Services of Wisconsin in addition to providing scholarships for Elmbrook students to name just a few. Since it began, Spikes for Tykes has risen over $550,000 and currently benefits over two dozen local and international organizations throughout the year. To learn more about the organizations that benefitted last year from funds raised, please visit www.ElmbrookRotary.org
For more information on Spikes for Tykes regarding sponsoring or registering a team, please contact:
Jeanne Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Elmbrook Rotary Club (ERC) was founded over 30 years ago by 26 Brookfield and Elm Grove, Wisconsin, USA business leaders to promote fellowship as a foundation for community service, ethical ideals and the advancement of international understanding, goodwill and peace. Chartered May 27, 1983, the Elmbrook Rotary Club now has over 70 members and combines hands-on projects with fund raising to make a difference in the community, the region and the world. To learn more, please visit www.ElmbrookRotary.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- College seeking third-party comments for HLC accreditation
- You are invited to Esprit Poms' Pizzeria Piccola fundraiser - December 28th, 2014, 4-9pm
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS