The Elmbrook Rotary Club will hold its 27th annual Spikes for Tykes fundraiser this Saturday, May 31st at Mitchell Park in Brookfield. The event starts in the morning at 9:00 am and runs through mid-afternoon.
Spikes for Tykes is a fun-filled day of volleyball games with play that’s strictly recreational with sponsored teams playing against each other that are mostly coed. Participants include students from areas schools, employees and co-workers of sponsors, as well as friends and family members of Elmbrook Rotarians. Grilled food, snacks and beverages are available along with raffle prizes and everyone who plays gets Spikes for Tykes long sleeve T-shirt!
Amounts raised at Spikes have benefitted a variety of charitable causes including The Waukesha Women’s Center, The Sharon Lynne Wilson Center and Literacy Services of Wisconsin in addition to providing scholarships for Elmbrook students to name just a few. Since it began, Spikes for Tykes has risen over $550,000 and currently benefits over two dozen local and international organizations throughout the year. To learn more about the organizations that benefitted last year from funds raised, please visit www.ElmbrookRotary.org
For more information on Spikes for Tykes regarding sponsoring or registering a team, please contact:
Jeanne Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Elmbrook Rotary Club (ERC) was founded over 30 years ago by 26 Brookfield and Elm Grove, Wisconsin, USA business leaders to promote fellowship as a foundation for community service, ethical ideals and the advancement of international understanding, goodwill and peace. Chartered May 27, 1983, the Elmbrook Rotary Club now has over 70 members and combines hands-on projects with fund raising to make a difference in the community, the region and the world. To learn more, please visit www.ElmbrookRotary.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Clips partners with American Red Cross
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast calls for new Girl Scout members and volunteers to join in the fun
- Predicting and preventing necrotizing enterocolitis
- Participation in Special Milk Program
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- Franchisee Opens Second Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Location in Wisconsin
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Volunteering for St. Camillus
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study