After only one week following dance team tryouts, the newly selected Esprit Poms & Dance Team participated in two very worthy civic projects and plans to continue efforts throughout their season. Esprit participated in the Best Buddies Walk, and performed in the MS Walk opening ceremonies at the Summerfest Grounds (pictured). Esprit members also formed a Relay for Life team and will participate in Wauwatosa's event on May 30-31.
The Wauwatosa Recreation Department's Esprit Petite Poms will be their next community project which is a week-long training session for young pompon enthusiasts where students receive an introduction to pompon activities, and then perform in Wauwatosa’s 4th of July celebration with Esprit (call the Recreation Department for details).
After the 4th of July celebration in Wauwatosa, Esprit will travel to summer pompon camp at St. Norbert's College in De Pere, Wisconsin where they will compete to earn an invitation to participate in the summer's biggest and most exciting competition of the summer in Schaumburg, Illinois in August. Good luck this summer, Esprit!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation
- MCW researchers discover ancient cellular mutation leading to multi-celled organisms
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland